Chapter 15

Jennie~

"Chanyeol?" I asked as I saw Chanyeol standing on the front door with a confusion visible in him. "Oh. Chan she's my daughter I didn't know you already know each other."

"Yes, uncle we're studying in the same school." He replied as he enter and sit comfortably beside Taehyung. "Who's this little boy here?"

"Ji-hoon, my son." I said which made him gasped and cover his mouth while the other was pointed at Ji-hoon and then me. "But."

"Not a real one." Taehyung said that made Chanyeol think. "Chan. He's my grandson. My son's son."

"Ahh. You adopted him?" He asked so I smacked his arms and looked at him with wide eyes."Don't you dare say that he's adopted."

"It's ok mom." Ji-hoon said and gave me a assuring smile so I nodded. "Let's eat." The woman who opened the door said so we all nodded and made our way on the dining room and seated. "I forgot to ask. Why is Taehyung with you?" Chanyeol asked so I looked up to him before replying.

"I asked for his accompany." I replied which he answered with a nod. "You haven't introduce her to me. Dad." I said while diverting my attention on the woman near him.

"She's my wife. Your stepmom." He replied which made me tighten my hold on the spoon in my hand and lowered it a little. I tried to hide the annoyance and anger I've been feeling as he introduced me he's new wife. I can feel Taehyung's gaze on me since he was sitting beside me and across him was Ji-hoon so I tried to smile and bow a little to her.

"Nice meeting you." I said as slowly so anger won't be visible in my voice and put it instead on my knuckles which for sure was now turning white because of my grip on the utensil on my hand. Taehyung suddenly putted his hands on mine and took the spoon and putted it back on my plate. I looked up to him and he just smiled and nodded at me, he massaged my palms as it was trembling.

"Relax Jen." He whispered to me so I inhaled deeply putted my self together and started eating again.

"You told me that you want to ask me something." My father said so I nodded before getting up on the chair. " Chanyeol, can you accompany Ji-hoon while we're talking?" I asked which he agreed on so I excused myself to go to the comfort room living Taehyung and my dad on the living room.

When I came back, they look like they just finished talking but then I didn't want to ask on what is it since I don't want to be nosy.

"What do you want to talk about?" My father asked as Taehyung already leaved us alone.

"When did you get married? Why didn't you told me? Was it just really easy for you to replace my mom?" I asked to him and I can see that he's eyes soften as I asked him those things. "It wasn't easy Jennie, I married him 6 years after your mom died. I know you wouldn't accept it so I decided to not tell you for the meantime."

"About the marriage. Why did you let me get married to a man I didn't know at an early age?" I asked which made him widen his eyes and got stunned on my question. "You already know?"

"I saw the papers on your documents back in New Zealand."

"We decided to make you marry him to continue the friendship between the two families and to save our company from falling into bankruptcy. I'm really sorry about it." He said so I nodded and checked the time and it was almost nine.

"I think we need to go now. Ji-hoon needs to sleep early for tomorrow." I said before standing up and call Ji-hoon. "You can visit here whenever you want." He said so I nodded and bowed at him.