10

The Unexpected!!!!!!

Jessica's POV.

"Meeting adjourned Ladies and Gentlemen, and thank you all for coming at such short notice, I will organise a press release to give out a brief statement about the current changes." I said getting up from my chair and the rest of the members nodded their heads putting all the provided images and documents back into their provided folders.

I had Called a board meeting for a short briefing on some new changes taking place,
The show was being put on hold, I had made a decision that along with Balle's designs, I wanted to launch his jewelry. Doing this made me feel so much closer to him. I mean a lot has happened during this past week and deep down somewhere in all of it I just wished that he was here, I feel like he would have been the greatest support, I mean I can think of a people who would have been just as supportive, but you know how they say every situation has it's guardian angel, yeah well for this one I feel like Mr Antonio Balle, the man who played the biggest role in making me what I am today, would have simply been an amazing pillar.

I missed him so much, I didn't spend much time with the man but in the short time that I knew him he was nothing but incredible, he showed me what real was and he just portrayed to me the true meaning of selflessness I swear that old man had the purest heart.

Soo, What better way to honor his memory than to finally launch his most valuable pieces? all this was so exciting to think about, I was so excited, but in all that excitement lingered a little bit of sadness too, I was sad because all this exciting things happen and I don't really have anyone to be there to just watch me grow and thrive, and when all the sad things happen I don't really have one who says it's going to be okay, and I genuinely feel like it is.

Anyway no! Don't no that Jessica, no gloominess.

I got my assistant Darcy to organize a press conference for tomorrow because I had court today, and later I was checking out stones for the jewelry.

When the boardroom was cleared and everyone was gone, I went to my office, signed off on a few things and then left for court, honestly speaking this whole process was taking longer than anticipated, they had to thoroughly investigate whether or not Ember had any relatives walking this earth to take care of her, which pissed me off because had she still been in that place no one would have cared to do all that shit, now that someone is willing to love and take care of her, they want to start acting up, a bunch of crap if you ask me!

I met with Mark at the court house and we waited a few minutes for our case to be called in.

"Again about the other night Mark, I'm so sorry you had to see me like that and got caught up in my drama."

"Jessica please, I told you to stop worrying about it, I mean anyone in that situation would have done what you did, and I was only glad to help.

"I know, but I feel like I crossed the line."

"There are no lines when it comes to one's safety, so please calm down, and if that whole situation were to happen again, I would still be there to make sure you are okay."

"Thanks Mark you're too sweet." I said giving him a hug.

"Were ready for you." The Sheriff of the court called us.

Everything went on normally and there was actually progress, when it was all over, I went home to freshen up before my meeting with the company that would be supplying us with gems for the jewelry.

My drive home through the traffic was quite exhausting I mean it was freaking midday, weren't people supposed to be in their offices?

I really needed to get a driver for Alex and the kids, had Daniel been driving me, I would have simply slept through all this traffic.