21

The plan

Jessica

"Can you please just tell me where we are going?" I begged Dave, who wasn't planning on giving out any information anytime soon. I sat back in his car's passenger seat, giving up because I knew he was not going to say a word.

Dave picked me up after work today saying he had something to show me. To be honest, I was not expecting to see him considering how we left things the last time we were together, I still don't know how to act around him, does he hate me? does he not hate me? it's still all so confusing and I still have so many unanswered questions.

"IF I tell you where we are going I'll be ruining the surprise" he said, probably because I had been a little too quiet and I had this pouty face.

"And don't pout Jessica" he added on, his tone giving me goosebumps. I turned the radio up, getting lost in the music, so that my brain would take a break from thinking.

Certain memories from our past making their way in my mind, especially because of this current situation we were in.

I was about to fall into a nice slumber, when the road started to get a bit bumpy and uncomfortable, causing me to sit straight and observe the area.

"Where is this? I hope you're not planning on having me killed."

"Don't be ridiculous, if I wanted you dead I'd have had you finished off back in that hospital room." he said and I completely shut my mouth, so as to avoid this turning into some kind of an argument.

"Anyway hang tight, we are almost there, and no one is dying, at least not today." 

I wanted to ask him why he was so cold, I mean I didn't ask him to pick me up and drive me to some  desolate  place, I was in fact planning on going home and having a nice evening with my babies.

"We are here." Dave said, driving towards what looked like an abandoned military site, two heavily armed men stood at the gate, Dave waved his hand outside the window, giving some sort of signal and they opened the gates allowing the car to drive though.

We drove towards an old rundown building, and He stopped the car right at the entrance.

"Are you planning on staying in the car all day?" He asked motioning for me to get out.

"You don't have to be so rude you know" I said stepping out of the car making the sign of the holy cross with my right hand, because what in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit was this man planning to do?

"Really now, was that necessary" 

"Yes, I'm inviting the holy spirit should this be my last breath."

"Just come with me." He said holding me by the hand

"Okay wait, close your eyes"

"I'm not too sure I wanna do that "

"Come on Jessica do you really think I'd hurt you?" he asked and I popped my eyes and raised my eye brows at him.