22

Dave's POV

I still can't believe Jessica agreed to come with me, I thought she'd give me more trouble considering how much she doesn't trust me.

I hope she likes what I'm about to show her, I am so nervous I don't know what I'd do if she hated it.

I don't know why I decided to do this for her, but considering everything she is going through right now, she definitely needs someone to cut her some slack. 

"Can you please just tell me where we are going?" She begged looking as beautiful as ever, I didn't want to end up saying something that would give the surprise away so I decided to ignore her question, that and the fact that I still didn't know how to talk to her after the last time we talked, I mean are we oake? is she okay with me? does she hate me for snooping, does she hate me for trying to take her baby? but if she's here with me right now maybe she doesn't hate me that much, well I hope. 

She kept quiet, making herself comfortable in the passenger's side pouting like a little kid. Man I could get used to this, riding together with Jessica, as she graced me with her presence, she was so beautiful, there's no denying how strongly I felt about this woman.

Seeing her pout, send different types of emotions through my body, and I just had to say something.

"IF I tell you where we are going I'll be ruining the surprise" I said, pulling her out of the little reverie she was in.

"And don't pout Jessica" I added on, a bit more hoarsely, grabbing on tightly to the steering wheel,  she turned the radio up, getting lost in the music, probably to block me out, or just relax I don't know, but I kind of enjoyed seeing her like this, calm and comfortable around me, it reminded me of our past days when I would drive her, and we would sometimes sing along to the radio.

God, I wish she would know how much I miss her, how much I just want to hold her, I want to hold her everyday, I want to busk in her scent, I want to see her beautiful face everyday, but I wonder how we are ever going to get there.

My thoughts were interrupted by the bumpy road and I noticed Jessica getting up, a bit more alert.

"Where is this? I hope you're not planning on having me killed." She asked skeptically, and like the jerk that I am, I answered in the coldest manner.

"Don't be ridiculous, if I wanted you dead I'd have had you finished off back in that hospital room." She immediately  fell silent, looking so guilty and I felt like a complete dickface, I mean I didn't plan on saying that, it just, I just blurted it out, somethings still hurt me, but I love Jessica and I wanted to get past everything, but I always seemed to just screw up with her.

Trying to cut the tension I said something a bit more humane.

"Anyway hang tight, we are almost there, and no one is dying, at least not today." 

Man she must hate me, she must want to burry me alive, I would want to kill me too.

She didn't say anything but instead observed the road ahead.

I'm sorry Jessica, I hope this surprise will cheer you up.

"We are here." I said, driving towards the abandoned military site, I waved at my men who were Situated at the gate, and they let us in.

I drove towards the building which held everything and stopped at the entrance making my way out of the car, feeling a bit more excited than I probably should, I mean what if she hates it?

"Are you planning on staying in the car all day?" I asked motioning for her to get out.

"You don't have to be so rude you know" she said stepping out of the car making the sign of the holy cross with her right hand.