13

Rock and a hard place?.

Jessica.

"Junior baby come on baby we need to go"

"Mummy we didn't get a baloons"

"We'll get them on the way baby now come on we need to be on time."

Junior and I got an early morning today, he was so excited we were finally getting Ember back, thanks to Mark my miracle worker.

We were on our way to the court house, to sign off on some things, God I hope it's the last time I set foot in that place.

Then we would go by the mall because SOMEONE wanted to get Ember a present, I mean what does a 5 year old know about getting presents??

Anyway I strapped Junior in his seat, and fastned my own seatbelt before driving off.

Yes that's right, I was driving, I know right!! I still hate driving, but there were a lot of errands that needed running today so I was on my own with my driving.

Anyway, with an excited Junior in the back, I drove off. I was actually very excited, mostly because I wouldn't have to play swords EVERYDAY after work, with Ember around, my task will be reduced down to bedtime stories.

I mean don't get me wrong I do enjoy spending time with my son, this past weeks have been amazing, it was amazing getting to discover just how much of a beautiful soul my baby is, and I don't mean it in the cute baby context, I mean my baby really is a magical human being with a very pure heart but I just didn't have the energy for all those activities after a long day of work, it's really exhausting. This one time I remember I woke up at 2am, not even remembering what happened, only thing I know is Junior and I woke up on the carpet surrounded by his toys and I was still in my work clothes while my baby was snuggled in my arms snoring softly, and I had to squeeze both of us in his bed because I was too exhausted to find my bedroom.

"Mommy Mommy my car, look my car."

"Yes baby I see it's nice." I said focusing my attention on the road.

"No Mummy it's not there it's behind us look."

"Junior baby I'm driving I can't look behind okay." I tried explaining to my son before her started singing a made up song about his car his car!!!

Wondering what kind of car it is that got him so worked up, I took a quick glimpse through the mirror and I recognized the car as the creepy black car that's always parked outside my house,
I gasped and tried increasing pace a little so that they don't get too close, and then out of curiosity I took another glimpse, hoping to see if I could recognize any of the people in the car, but I didn't get anything, just a pair of very familiar eyes.

Just as I was trying to put a face to those eyes, I felt myself lose control of the car, and everything began to sway, I heard my baby screaming my name and then I heard a loud burst, my head hit hard on the steering wheel and the car rolled over a few times before everything went dark, the last thing I remember was calling my baby's name as he cried in the most agonizing manner ever.

*

*

*