11

😭😪why is it that after reading a different story here on wattpad you come back feeling like everything you ever wrote is complete trash???😩that's how I feel rn and I hate it,,, anyway the show must go on.

The Aftermath

Jessica's POV

Tears streamed down my face as I turned on the shower faucets the hot water stinging my body like it was raining acid. Memories from today kept flashing as I scrubbed my skin causing me to cringe, scrub my body harder as well as blind myself with more tears.

I don't know why it hurt so much I mean what was I expecting? I literally walked myself into the Lion's den. What was I expecting? Reconciliation?

Not that I expected any of that but it's just a very uncommon thing to have someone Bang the lights out of you then profess their Hate for you like that. I mean exactly how badly does this man hate me? And will we ever move past anything? And what about Junior?

It's times like this I wish I had a friend, should have made at least one, look at me now.

I fell to my knees as one particular voice rang in my ears piercing directly at my heart.

*Flashback*

A few hours back.

I stopped my car by the side of the road feeling the need to breathe, my mind completely still and my emotions numb, I didn't know how to feel anymore. I just felt, defeated yeah that's the word defeated. Noticing a payphone on the other side of the road I motionlessly walked over put the receiver to my ear and  dialled the number that had become so automatic in my mind, like a childhood song. Hoping for nothing in particular I waited for the process to activate and to my surprise the phone started ringing, excitement coursed through my veins but with every ring fear took over, I wanted to put the phone down but I couldn't I was so eager to hear the answer, the voice, would they know it was me? would they start looking for me? my body wouldn't let me put the phone back and my hands weren't cooperating either. After a few rings the call was picked.

"Hello" she answered her voice ever so soft sending warmth through my chest. I closed my eyes imagining her beautiful smile and her glowing eyes.
baby giggles and a few deep voices could be heard in the background and her soft voice sounded rather urgent kinda like say what you need to say I'm busy. I stood still and clenched hard at my chest breathing into the receiver. I wanted to say something, I wanted to call her by the name I wanted to tell her that I missed her and I needed her. Tears slid down my face as all this thoughts presented themselves in my mind, I moved my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"Hello? If this is some sick game then I don't have the time I ......" there was breaking of glass and a gasp then the call was cut.

Oh Nelly my sweet sweet Nelly if only you knew how empty I felt without you

"Why can't you just tell her where you are." My very smart subconscious (note the sarcarsm)asked in a duh tone.

And honestly I didn't have the answer to that, maybe it was the shame, not knowing how I would face her after disappearing for so long, I don't even want to imagine how things would go down the day we reunite.

Should such a day come to be.

*End of flashback*

I felt my skin sting from all that excessive scrubbing and I am pretty sure I had washed off all of the tanned layer while I was busy building castles in the air.