12

Dave's POV.

I woke up feeling rather good this morning, and it felt great. I thought I would still be feeling shitty for all the things I said to Jessica the last time she was here but I was feeling rather pleased with my myself, it was almost as if I was at point closure, at this point I feel like I can look at her without getting the strong urge to strangle the life out of her. I don't know when was the last time I felt like this but okay okay! We can make it work.

I went to gym as usual, had my shower got dressed had breakfast and that was it, I was ready to conquer I loved this mood it was refreshing and it just brought a certain light out of me. I found it weird that I was just so happy without reason or any particular event to look forward to. Either way I vibed with it, even had some music on as I drove to work.

My good mood fell Short as I landed myself in a train of traffic, very still Traffic for that matter. I stuck my head out the window trying to see what the problem was but there was nothing maybe I was too far back to notice anything

Impatient me wanted to walk out and go and see where the problem was but that would just be dum.

Lucky enough a traffic cop walked by and I asked him what the hold up was.

"We are very sorry for the delay Sir there has just been a car accident up ahead and paramedics are busy attending to the people involved. But worry not, we have blocked the lane for incoming cars and led them through the N1 to allow for you guys to use that lane." The cop responded as quickly as he could getting back to his job not giving me space to ask more questions. So I sat patiently till the cars started moving again.

We moved past the accident and the involved car looked quite messed up, it was totaled, one could barely identify it. And there was a pool of blood surrounding the scene, it's a miracle there's any survivors, the paramedics were all so busy and The News Chopper was already there and through all of this, the only thing on my mind was how drunk does a person have to be to get involved in a car accident in a one way lane this early morning for that matter.

Moving past all that I put my radio back on hoping I was still in my happy mood but instead of good music there was the annoying theme song of the News beginning.

"We interrupt your programming to inform everyone planning on driving through the M-way high way this morning, to settle for latter routes, as there has just been a terrible accident involving a woman and her son, both victims are yet to be identified while the Cause of accident has not yet been discovered but both mother and son seem to have sustained very serious injuries. This is Natalie Baytown Coming live to you from the M-way high way, Stay tuned for more updates back to you in. Studio Ray."

I turned the radio to bluetooth mode and played music from my phone instead, feeling quite pissed at this whole accident thing,,, I'm not insensitive or anything, but argh! Come on people we are working on time here!

Moving past all that I regained my mood, got to work had my coffee, went through some contacts, signed off on a few things before my assistant came.

"Good Morning Sir, the parking lot on the west side is almost completed and the contractor would like have a meeting with you regarding that corner this Thursday if that's okay with you.

uhm the drivers say the cars need to go for service and most of our men are complaining about this new uniforms."

"They are guards, in suits, what's there to complain about?"

"Must be the material Sir it may be irritating or something."

"Fix it June I can't deal with such, as for the cars, I had already spoken to Patrick about service and he will be coming this Thursday, and about the parking lot, you can put him on 9am Thursday."