16

Dig deep

Jessica'sPOV.

I was exhaustedly crying my eyes out in the hallway when I felt a pair of soft tiny hands rubbing against my face, it was Ember, she was trying to wipe my tears, I looked up at her tiny frame, my emotions piling up at her compassion, she looked at me for a while before wrapping her tiny arms around my neck, and I couldn't help but receive her gesture, crying myself into the arms of my little girl.

I wasn't only crying because of the news I had just received, infact I don't think it's the kind of knews that would break one into tears, I was just so tired, so very exhausted, I didn't want to be me anymore, I hated everything I was going through and I just didn't want to go through it anymore.

"Oh hunny," my heart melted as I felt her place a tiny soft kiss on my head.

"You're a sweet little angel you know." I said between sobs, looking at the tiny cute doll that was in front of me.

"Come let's get you changed"I  cleaned up my face, realizing that I had completely soaked her dress.

I got her changed and we decided to get ice cream cookies and watch Frozen which we didn't actually pay attention to because she kept bringing out her different clothes and dolls that looked like the cartoon characters and we ended up playing dress up remaking the movie ourselves.

I was having so much fun that for a moment I forgot all my problems, I just let myself dive into this fantasy land that we had created for ourselves, it was exciting to see her this happy and excited, at some point she even called me 'Mommy' I almost shed a tear but remembered how she feels about me crying.

Dave soon dropped Aden off finding us in ridiculous clothing and make up, not much was said, Aden was excited to tell Ember about his day and share his toys with her.

We ordered takeout and the three of us camped out in there theater room building pillow forts out of the sofa cushions and we spent the night listening to Aden tell us about his day and all the awesome cars he saw.

Not Today my never ending problems, Today I am a mother  spending time with her babies, I'll be Wonder woman some other time.

...................

Morning soon came and it was time for me to face my demons, I wish I could say that I woke up feeling exhilarated and  empowered and I had a killer plan to deal with this new obstacle but I was blank, I had absolutely nothing except my badass game face that I wore to work, underneath that mask I was completely crumbling breaking down and needed serious saving.

I called Mark and asked him to meet me at the office.
I pulled out Antonio's picture before leaving,  and silently muttered "I won't let you down"

The kids were both peacefully sleeping in my bed, I had carried them there when I woke up, I gave them both soft kisses before leaving.

"Did you see the News?"

"Yes Darcy I'm sure we've all seen the news,"

"This is a disaster, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know Darcy okay! I have absolutely no idea, I thought I could trust my employees, I thought we were all one big family, I never expected to have a mole who will leek my most precious designs, The last of the late Antonio's creations to some small time wanna be big deal wanna be my competitor creep that can't even come up with original designs" I found myself panting and Darcy looked scared at my outburst.

"Leave me," I ordered and was actually glad I didn't break down into tears.

a few minutes later the phone rang, Darcy telling me that Mark was here, I asked her to let him through and explained everything to him as soon as he settled down.

"I don't know what to say Jess, the only thing I can advise is that you put the show on hold while you deal with this whole ordeal, and maybe you could give all your employees a lie detector test."

" People cheat those things Mark, and the wrong person ends up taking the fall, you're right though, I'll have to once again postpone the show.

I called Darcy to Organize an emergency board meeting as well as a press conference to quickly neutralize the situation.

I sat in my office all  night trying to think of a plan, but ended up crying and driving to the pastry shop to get cake instead.

Dave's POV.

"What the hell am I reading?!!"

I was in my office with my PI guy who used to help Jake and I back in New York, I had asked him to get me information on Jessica's life since she moved to LA.

After spending the day with Junior and hearing his conversation with Tucker something didn't make sense, so I decided to do some digging.

The folder I was holding showed how she came here and lived in a shitty apartment in some dodgy area while she was pregnant, she didn't have a stable income as she was working odd Jobs.

She finally got a job as a designer for a certain Alicia Veliz and got herself a decent apartment but there she lived Alone because child services had taken her child away due to child negligence.

According to the police report, She had left her baby alone in the apartment room with a burning pot that caused a fire.

The child was later taken to a children's home where he was raised for the past five years.

"What the Fuck!!" I exclaimed closing the file and throwing it on my desk, I couldn't read any more of that shit.

I can't believe Jessica actually had to go through all that, I wanted to be mad at her, I wanted to hate her and use all this information against her to get custody of Junior, but I couldn't. I was more sorry than mad, the only thing that baffled me about all this is that she didn't have to go through all this shit had she been honest and open with me.

How does one person go through all that shit and still manage to keep their sanity?

.

.

.

.
.......................

Thank you for reading,
Stay tuned and stay Safe

NB* dont forget to vote🤗