20

Now you know.

Jessica.

"Mommy no you cheated"

"I don't cheat baby mommy is just smarter" I laughed putting the last piece of the puzzle we were playing with my babies together.

"Okay let me get us pizza and maybe chicken nuggets, will that make you feel better?" I asked a sulking Junior, getting up to get my phone from my room as tiny Ember quietly followed behind.

I was just about done with placing my order when the doorbell went off, I was kind of hesitant to get it because for one it's late, again can I get a break from my life please?

"Who do you think it is?" I asked looking at Ember and she just shrugged

"Oh yeah? Well Maybe we should ignore it huh?" I asked lifting her up.

The doorbell rang again and I dragged my feet, hesitantly opening the door to reveal a man in a an extremely tight suit.

A man who goes by the name

"Yayyyy!!!!!!!! Dave Dave my friend!!!! Dave"

Yep you guessed it.

"Mommy look Dave, Ember see! Dave."

"Heyy little man." Dave responded with as much excitement, taking Junior in his arms and embracing him into the warmest hug well tight from my view.

While Ember and I watched.

"Ummm.... Come in" I interpreted their moment realizing how we'd all been standing in the door way.

And we all moved to sit in the living room.

"Hey princess," Dave said playing with Ember 's Chubby Cheeks and in response she giggled and hid her face in my chest.

Traitor.

"Soo Dave, what brings you here?" I asked because well this was still the same man trying to take my son away from me, andd he couldn't possibly be here to play Happy family

"I knocked off early and thought I could swing by"

What!

I blinked a few times finding myself short of words, I tried lifting my mouth to say something but all the words escaped me.

"Soo has you know who started snitching yet?" He asked and I looked at him in confusion before realizing what he was talking about.

"Ohh, Junior baby take Ember and go Draw."

"Mummy I want to play with Dave"

"You'll play with Dave baby, for now go Draw something nice for him and then you both can play later okay."

"OWKAY" he sulked holding Ember by the hand walking out of the room.

"Darcy?" I asked as soon as the babies were out of sight.

"Yeah her, has she done anything with the information you've fed her so far?"

"Actually No, there hasn't been anything I wonder if she knows that I'm on to her."

"No, I don't think so, what did you tell her?"

"Well I called her to my office and showed her those hideous designs and she was convinced they were amazing, I don't know there hasn't been anything in the news about the designs leaking"

"Ahh yes, she is not gonna do it."

"Why not?"

"You said you called her to your office yeah?" He asked I nodded

"She is smart, she is not going to snitch because she's the only person you told about the designs, if they were to be leaked you would immediately know it's her, all fingers would point in her direction, you have to tell the whole team."

"WHAT!!! NO!! Those designs are hideous, my staff would quit upon seeing those things."

"Don't worry, I have a plan."

"What plan?"

"Just give me a few days and all will be revealed."

"I don't have much time Dave, the investors are on my case, I've been postponing this event since....."

"Calm down, Jessica breathe okay, my plan is not going to take long, it's actually going to speed things up, just give me a day or two, trust me okay."

Weird enough I did, I trusted him, I was able to calm down and put all my Faith in him, I trusted the Man who hated my guts, wanted to take my son and who has weird pictures of me in a weird corner in his house, I trusted him and put the fate of my company in his hands.

"Why are you being so nice?" I blurted out and he looked taken aback but quickly went back to his cool looking state.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I know I approached you for help, but I also know that you hate me and you still want to get back at me, so I don't understand, why all this concern and checking on me and shit."

"I......" He spoke to say something but quickly shut his mouth, staring deep into my eyes, and oddly enough it felt comfortable.

"I L.... (Sighs), I don't know how to say this, but I know everything,"

I blinked a few times at his revelation, of course he knew everything, that's why was taking me to court and suing me for all that I am

"everything you went through, throughout your pregnancy, your birth giving, I know what happened that day You almost lost Junior in a burning apartment and just everything."

I was taken aback, that explanation is definitely not what I was expecting to hear.

"How did you know all that?? Wait don't answer that, you're Dave, how could you not know."

"I'm sorry Jessica, I was trying to gather evidence against you to take Junior away but then I realized how much you've had your fair Share of Hardships, it hurt me to know that you had to go through all that by yourself, and I don't want you to ever suffer through anything on your own again."

There was deafening silence after that, I didn't know what to say or how to react, all my emotions went numb and my mind was completely empty it was almost as if someone had pressed the pause button on me.

Looking remorseful, Dave took his keys and phone, asked me to bid goodnight to the kids and stood up.
Only then was I brought out of my trans, I held him by the hand causing his movement to completely halt.

"That's it? You're just gonna leave?" I asked breaking the silence as well as the tension caused by our little hand holding.

"Well... I (he stuttered), I did some pretty messed up things, and...(pause)"

He cupped my palm in his, taking a deep breath as he couldn't bring himself to look at me.

"I don't want this to escalate into an argument because we are just going to say mean things to each other, and I don't want that energy anymore."

A single tear dropped falling from my eye,

"So What happens now?"

Just as he was about to say something the door bell went off, reminding me that I had ordered food and the kids came rushing in

He attempted to leave, saying that the bell was his que, but I held him back and asked him to stay.

Junior came rushing in at the sound of the doorbell, looking at him, Dave couldn't refuse my offer.

...............................................................