[19]

"if you're gonna show up, you'd better show out"  -bruno mars

my heart raced as i neared my house. niall had left my office, and said that he'd wait for me at home, which was also known as my house for him.

his car was parked in my drive way, making my stomach fill with butterflies and anticipation of what was to come.

i pulled the keys out of the ignition, and walked into the house, expecting to see niall sitting on the couch being the lazy irish guy that he typically was. but he wasn't there.

i headed up the stairs, towards my room, seeing that my bedroom door was cracked just the slightest bit.

"emily, baby, why hang out, outside of the bedroom, when all of the fun happens inside?" he asked, opening the door, and ushering me inside.

i sat down on the edge of the bed, and fiddled with my fingernails. niall stood directly in front of me, hands planted on his waist, staring at me.

"you seem nervous" he said, placing his finger under my chin, forcing me to look up at him.

i shrugged my shoulders. "maybe so..." i stood, walking towards him, closing the distance between us. "...but please don't let that stop you"

he smiled at me, wrapping his arms around me, pulling me into his body. "i never planned on letting it stop me. you and i both want this. and you know how i feel about you, so don't be afraid. i will do everything in my power to make it less painful"

his words helped. because i was scared. i was terrified. but thankful that it was him, and that he cared about me.

and that meant everything in the world to me.