Chapter 7

I see Jack when I enter the classroom. "What the heck is wrong with you?" I say glaring at him.

"Nothing's wrong with me. I'm flawless." He says smirking. Damn that boy and his cockiness.

"Why does everybody know about our date?" I ask him.

"A Facebook post by Nicole." He said calmly.

"How did she know?" I persist on.

"I told her." He said even more calmly.

"You asshole." I say to him bringing cautious stares at me.

"What? I have the right to say I'm going on a date with you." He said.

"You do have the right, but didn't you ever think that maybe I wouldn't want anyone to know?" I say glaring at him.

"No, I just assumed." He said bluntly.

"You know what, never mind about the date. I have a mid-terms to study for anyway." I say and walk to my desk.

Of course he follows me, "Wait, Ali, what do you mean 'never mind about the date'?" He says.

"It means you don't get to pick me up at 7:00 and you'll leave me alone." I say lastly.

"But, Ali, I didn't mea-" the bell rings and thank god he sits on the other side of the room.

For the rest of class, I could feel his stare burning into my back. I dare not to look back and check.

Class is finally over and I head to the locker room to change for gym.

Inside I say a brief 'hi' to Casey and change in the bathroom. I enter the gym and I see my team waiting for me.

The coach announced that instead of starting basketball this week we would start next week. For now we would climb, the rope.

The rope is the ultimate test of strength or you fall and break a bone.

Kenneth volunteers first and does it with no problem. He then chooses someone to go next. He chooses Robby and Robby had a bit of a struggle getting down.

Robby next chooses Simon, the class nerd you may say, and Simon didn't make it past 2 feet of the ground.

Next, Jack goes and the way his muscles tensed while he climbed was hot, and he jumped down causing his shirt to fly up, letting everyone see his tone abs, and let me tell you it was damn sexy.

He scans the crowd of nervous people and his gaze lands right on me. Crap. He chooses me.

I wasn't scared of the rope or heights it's just that I've never climbed the rope before. I see Nicole whispering to her minion about me. She probably thinks I'm going to fail.

Time to prove that motherfucker wrong.

I start to climb the rope and though it was tough I made it to the top and jumped to the ground like Jack. Also causing my shirt to lift up a bit.

I could see Nicole's shocked and angered face. Take that biatch.

I look over at Jack and I see his eyes darken. What I do?

After many people going to the nurse's office we are told to just hang cause our coach is cool like that. We still have 30 minutes to just 'hang'.

I walk over to the bleachers and climb to the top corner and pull out my phone. I play crossy road for about five minutes until I got bored and just sat and watched everyone else.