Chapter 19

"Colby who got the most baskets?" I ask slightly panting from the running.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen. We have got a score of 24 baskets and the score of 21 baskets. Drum roll please." He says like an announcer on a game show even providing the drum roll with his patting.

"The winner is," He pauses to give a dramatic effect, "Jack."

Jack yells in victory and I groan in defeat. I really wanted to kick his ass.

"I told you I would win." He says boasting like a child. I shake my head and walk away toward the locker room.

He follows me and grabs my elbow. "Hey, good game." He says shaking my hand.

"Yeah, you too." I say smiling. It was actually really fun playing with Jack. I enjoyed more than I thought I would.

I walk off to the locker room so I could wash off this layer of sweat and change into my regular clothes.

I grab a towel from my bag and dampen it with the sink water. I don't use the showers here because I'm afraid to get some disease or STD. You do not want to enter them. They stink of armpit sweat and puberty.

Since gym is my last class I start to head outside to grab my bike. "Ali!" Someone calls for me. I turn around, "Oh, hey, Jack." I say walking slower.

He catches up to me easily, "Can I give you a ride?"

"Why..." I ask suspiciously.

"Oh just asking." He says.

"Well, I already have my bike." I tell him showing him the bike next to me.

"We can just put it on the back of my truck." He says being very insistent.

"Well...I guess. What can go wrong?" I say finally agreeing.

He grabs my bike and we go to his Chevy. He pulls the bike into the back and opens my door for me.

I take a seat and notice the smell of apple shampoo. He starts the engine and Breaking Benjamin plays through the car.

"Cool, you like Breaking Benjamin." I mention.

"Yeah, you like them too?" He asks me as we drive out from hell's parking lot.

"Absolutely." I say humming along with the song called So Cold.

We sat in silence but he broke the silence, "Let's play ten questions." He suggests.

"Isn't it supposed to be twenty question?" I ask him.

"Yeah, but I don't want to go through twenty." He says.

"Okay then, you start."

"Favorite color?"

"Blue. What's your favorite color?" I ask him.

"Green. Do you have any siblings?"

"One little brother in kindergarten."

"That's quite an age difference between you two." He notes.

"Yeah, our first dad left us then my mom dated a guy but he also left us when he found out that my mom was pregnant with Sam." I explain to him. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Nope, I'm an only child." He says, "Are you just going to copy my questions?" He asks.

"Maybe. Do you play hockey?"

"Hey, it's my turn to ask the questions." He complains.

"But you asked me if I was going to copy your questions which is a question." I tell him.