Chapter 20

Jack's POV

Strawberry and chocolate. Her taste like a drug. Soft lips pressed against mine. "Ali," I breathe out. I'm going to go crazy. I won't stop if we continue.

I pull away even though I never wanted to, but she presses against me again. This kiss was not just normal. It was more. Passionate. Never-ending.

"Aligator, why are pressing lips with that boy?" A small boy's voice questions us.

We immediately are pulled back to reality and we turn to see a little brown haired boy with dark green eyes.

"We're you giving him cooties?" He asks innocently. I turn away chuckling and trying to hold myself from bursting into laughter.

"No, Sammy. I was just...teaching CPR." She says as she climbs down from countertop. So this is Ali's little brother. He looks nothing like Ali though.

"What's CPR?" Sam asks.

"Never mind about that." She says obviously flustered. Her cheeks were a shade of bright pink like a freshly cut rose.

She is beautiful. She's different from the rest of those Barbie bimbos.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Ali asks me confusion written all over her pale perfect face.

"Because you're beautiful."

"You are beautiful no matter what they say. Words can't bring me down." She bursts out singing. 

I smile at her random amusement. "You are beautiful in every single way." I sing back to her. She wasn't expecting that but I see her blush harder than turn away. I see that her brother was still staring at us like we were crazy.

"Come on, Sammy. Let's give you a nap." Ali says picking up her brother in her arms and carrying him up the stairs to his room. I follow in pursuit. I lean against the doorway and watch her lay Sam in bed.

"Aligator, can you sing to me?" Sam asks. I perk up in anticipation. I've never heard her sing before.

I see her hesitate and look my way. "Sure, Sammy." She agrees.

I know there's something in the wake of your smile.

I get a notion from the look in your eyes.

You've built a love and that love falls apart

Your little piece of heaven turns to dark

Listen to your heart

When he's calling for you

Listen to your heart

There's nothing else you can do

I don't know where you're going and I don't know why

But listen to your heart

Before you tell him goodbye.

She stops singing and kisses Sam on the top of his head because he had fallen fast asleep. Her voice was melodic like an angel. It was as if the wind was taking her away as she sang. I see tears falling down from her cheeks.

She was broken. She was torn. I want to be the one to fix her and care for her. I wanted to be by her side all the time and watch the sight before me play over and over again. I want to mend the pieces that have been shredded apart. I want to be her knight in shining armor.

She was the only person I can see myself with. The only girl I want to see myself with. The only girl to be with me.