Chapter 22

"Colby! You're burning the pasta!" I yell as Colby hastily turns off the stove.

"I can never cook." Colby announces wringing out the slightly burnt noodles in a strainer.

"You can say that again." I walk over to Colby who was eating the noodles bit by bit.

"Stop eating the food." I say as I grab two plates from the cupboard.

"It tastes pretty good for being burnt."

I pile some pasta on each plate and then add the tomato sauce and a pinch of parmesan.

"Bon Appétit." We gran our plates and a can of Mountain Dew.

I take a seat on the couch with the plate balacing on my lap and my feet on top of the coffee table.

"Alison, feet off the table." Colby mimicking my mom.

"It's my house." I say taking a sip of my soda.

"I paid for this house with my hard earned money and you treat me with such disrespect." He says role playing my mom. I chuckle at his impression.

"What's the movie I will hopefully enjoy?" I ask him when I see him insert a disk into my laptop which was hooked up to the TV.

"Oh, trust me. You'll enjoy it." He says taking a seat next to me.

He presses play and Marvel Avengers flashes onto the screen. I smile, "You know me too well."

Just as we were about to start the amazing awesome movie, the doorbell rings. I groan and get up to see who was at the door. Who could possibly be at the door on the weekend?

I open the door and I see Jack. What is he doing here?

"Hey." He says with a small wave. His hair was a flopped mess but it suited him. He was dressed in a pair of faded jeans and a black t-shirt.

"Uh, hi. What are you doing here?" I ask him curious.

"I wanted to know if you could tutor me on Monday." He explains.

"And you couldn't have texted or called me?" I furrow my brows.

"Don't have your number." He shrugs.

"Oh, but to answer your question, sure. I'll tutor you." I answer him.

"Great. I'll meet you after school in the library." He says smiling brightly.

"Hey, Ali. Who was at the door?" Colby comes up behind me. The air thickened in that slight appearance. The air was so thick anyone could have sliced it and taken a bite.

"Well, I'll see you on Monday." I awkwardly exit myself from the suffocating space.

They seem to say a few words and then I hear the door close and Colby is back with a hardened look in his eyes.

" Let's get back to the movie." Colby says trying to lighten the stiff mood.

I nod my head and Colby starts the movie. We sit in silence until the tension disappeared and we were soon ignoring the movie and just talking and sharing stories about what we've been up to.

"Wait seriously. You checked a player into the reff?" I say laughing hard.

"Yeah, and the reff went like flying into the wall and he blew the whistle and called me into the penalty box."

We laugh and put our dishes away in the sink. I wash the dishes and he dries them. I feel a slap on my butt with the dish towel.

I yelp in surprise then glare at the culprit. I grab the nozzle connected to the sink and start to spray him with water. He tries to slap me with the towel and block the spray with the towel.

Once we're both soaking wet and the kitchen is all soaked, we both clean up our mess and Colby goes to take a shower.

I change out of the wet clothes and change into a big comfy t shirt and shorts. Colby walks into my room without knocking with only a towel wrapped around his hips.

"Ahh. Cover up." I say shielding my eyes with my hands.

My bag is in your room, and my bag has my clothes. I hear some shuffling.

"You can open your eyes." He says. I open and see that he was still topless, but at least had some sweatpants.

He had a solid six pack with abs that any girl would love to get at. I admit he's a hot piece of man but I could never like Colby in that way.

"I'm tired." I say crashing into bed. He lays next to me.

"Good night, Ali." He says a yawn slipping out of my mouth.

I cuddle into the sheets and barely mumble back to him a good night.