Chapter 5

"So you guys want to have a sleepover at my place?" Jane questions.

"Yeah, just us girls. Mean girls, pitch perfect, ice cream, and chips. So how 'bout it?" Eliza asks.

"Um, I don't think tonight's a good night. Maybe some other time." Jane replies.

"No, we have to do it today. Please, you've been neglecting us." Juliet says.

Jane bites her lip in guilt, conflict running through her eyes. "Okay, fine. We'll do it tonight."

"Great we'll come over at 5:30." Eliza walks away and I could see Alec waiting for her down the hall. They start talking immediately and she's laughing just enjoying herself.

Why can't I find someone?

"Probably because your looking at all the wrong places. Sometimes the person your looking for is closer then you think." I hear someone say behind me.

I turn to see Jack. Did I really just say that out loud?

"Yes you did, cupcake."

I blush in embarrassment for speaking my thoughts. I start to walk away and head to my last class for the day.

"Hey, cupcake." I hear him shout for me.

"What?" I say turning around to face him.

"Do you want to maybe...like hang-" the bell goes off before he finished.

"Jack, I have to go. Just tell me tomorrow."

I power walk to class trying to avoid being late.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

After school, I hear that Sam's going over to a friend's house, so now I don't have to worry about that.

I start to pack my pajamas and other essentials for the sleepover. After half an hour of packing I finally take some time to just lay on the couch and search through Netflix.

I hear the doorbell ring and assume it's Juliet to pick me up. But she wasn't there. A tall guy with blonde hair with green eyes stared back at me. He looked about my age.

"Umm, can I help you?" I ask in confusion at who he was.

"Aww, you forgot about me, sunshine." He says with a rugged voice.

Sunshine? No one ever called me sunshine since...

"Colby!" I scream and hug him immediately.

He laughs at me and hugs me back, "How you doing, sunshine."

"I'm great now your here. I haven't seen you since 7th grade when you moved away. Why are you back?" I ask hastily.

"My mom just transfered here for her job. I just couldn't wait to see you. The only way I ever saw you were through Instagram comments." He said smiling.

"I missed you so much, Colby. I'm glad you're back." I say smiling brightly.

"You still have the smile, sunshine." He says.

There's a reason why he calls me sunshine. When we were in kindergarten the first thing he ever said to me was 'your smile is like a sunshine' ever since then we've been friends.

I hear someone honk at me and I see Juliet, Annabelle, and Eliza waiting for me at the car.

"Oh my gosh. I forgot I have to go but I'll hopefully see you at school, Colby Jack."