Chapter 17

Juliet's POV

"Guys, hurry up. I have to go soon." I tell Annabelle and Ali as they did my make-up, hair, and picked out my outfit.

"You can't rush beauty." Ali says putting on more eye shadow, "Okay, done." She says backing up admiring her work.

"Okay now hurry and put these on." Annabelle says throwing me my outfit.

Annabelle chose a blue blouse, jeans, and some comfy grey UGG boots. I go into the bathroom and quickly change, trying not to ruin my hair and make-up.

As I slip on my UGG boots, I hear the door bell ring. I accidentally fall back trying to tug the boots on.

"Hey, Noah." I hear Ali say to Noah downstairs.

Noah says something but I couldn't decipher what. "Yeah she's just finishing up." Annabelle says.

I walk down the stairs and see Noah in a button up shirt and jeans. His hair was in a messy casual tossed style.

"There she is." Ali says.

"Wow, you look beautiful, Juliet." Noah says smiling at me. He has the cutest smile and his glasses give him a nerdy look.

"Thanks." I say trying to act casual.

"So shall we?" Noah asks me. I noticed that Ali and Annabelle went back to my room.

"Shall we what?" I say in confusion.

He chuckles a little, "Shall we go."

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, umm, lead the way." I say a bit embarrassed and flustered.

Act cool. Don't worry. Just act casual. Act like you haven't been crushing on him since seventh grade.

We both walk to his car. He opens the door for me like a gentleman, "Here you go."

"Thank you." I get into the car and I smell the familiar smell of spearmint.

He starts the car. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise." He says not giving me any hint.

"Can you give me a clue?" I ask on trying to figure out what he has in store for the night.

"Nope," He says shaking his head still looking at the road, "You're just going have to be patient."

I look out the window and see the neighborhood wiz by. After 30 minutes of silence and the soft sound the radio, I notice we were heading into the city, downtown.

"I see we are going somewhere downtown." I say breaking the awkward silence between us.

"Yeah, but there are about thousand things to do in the city. You'll never guess where we are going." He says confidently.

"I have to disagree with you. I'm quite intelligent." I say.

"I know your smart. But you'd have to be a psychic." He says flashing a smile at me.

I smile back, "You want a bet." I challenge.

He smirks at me, "What does the lose have to do?"

"Loser has to pays." I reply.

" You're on. Take your best shot." He says doubtfully.

" Are we going to...the Skydeck?" I say having to think a little bit.

"No. Try again." He says smiling.

"Are we going to...the Art Institute?" I ask.

"Good guess, but no." He says.