Chapter 15

Tonight was the Homecoming Dance. So you could probably imagine everybody talking about it. It was all they talked about. Everybody trying to find out the theme this year.

"So we're all going to Ali's place after school to get ready for our boys." Eliza declared.

"Why is it my place?" I asked.

"Because." She replies.

I roll my eyes. I go to class but all I think about is the dance, Dylan, and just everything that will happen.

Will he try to kiss me?

What do I do if he does?

Soon it was time to go to lunch. Finally.

I sit at are usual table. We all take our seats. And just to let you know we have specific seating. Usually it would be Eliza to Alec, Alec to Jason, Jason to Annabelle, Annabelle to Me, Me to Juliet, Juliet to Jane, Jane to Brandon, Brandon to Beth, Beth to Jenna, and Jenna to Casey. Today was a bit different though. Jason was at a different table with Nellie. Brandon and Beth were also at a different table...with Ginny.

We all talked about the dance but occasionally looking back at our other friends.

"This seems weird." Annabelle says bluntly.

"Yeah, it's different." Jenna says.

I could see Annabelle looking back at Jason and Nellie who seem to be having a swell time. Jane doesn't even look back. I notice she hasn't said anything at all the whole day.

"You okay?" I ask her.

She slightly nods giving a faint smile but then continuing to frown.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"That." She says pointing at Ginny, Beth and Brendan a bit.

"Its not like it's permenant." I reply.

"Oh, but it is." She says a sad smile forming.

"What do you mean?" Juliet asks quietly.

"They're going to the dance together." She says motioning to Ginny and Brandon.

"What the heck." Casey says.

"Yeah but at least it's one night." Annabelle tries adding.

"There dating." She says very quietly.

We all stare at her. They are actually dating. Wow.

"But I thought you and him were dating?" Eliza says.

"Keyword were." She says. Jane stands up suddenly throwing her uneaten lunch into the trash and leaving. I see Brandon look her way but quickly continues conversation with Ginny.

"Wait, when were they ever dating?" Jenna asks.

"Oh right. Forgot to mention that." Eliza says hiving a small laugh.

"Yeah." Jenna says.

"They were dating in secret." Eliza explains.

"Were dating." Juliet says.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

After the depressing lunch we all head to class. And after school we all got to my house.

"What nail polish should I do?" Juliet asks holding up white nail polish and a sea foam green one.

"Do white to add a different color." I tell her. She agrees and starts to do her nails. Jane was with us but she told us she wasn't going. She was just here to help.