Chapter 31: On Holiday

We arrived at a boardwalk that was covered under various trees of pine and palm. It was beautiful with all the lights and people we passed. The Mediterranean Sea shimmered under the moonlight seductively. We drove up to a beach club, I think, I wasn't sure until we got inside the establishment. Roman parked. Then he got out first and came around to the passenger's side of the Ferrari to escort me out of the vehicle. I felt extremely special tonight walking into this fancy club. I asked Roman the name of the place and he whispered in my ear, Les Pêcheurs Beach Club, his voice sending shivers down my spine and my heart accelerating when he touched the tip of his tongue to my ear.

We walked on a deck that looked out at the Mediterranean. Our view was breathtaking. The sea breeze was a little rough, picking up my hair as it whipped around us. I felt the chill of the air and my nipples hardened visibly in the white top that made up my dress. My midsection was exposed, and the muscles contracted because of the chill. Roman watched my reaction, his eyes darkening in the bright moonlight.

Settling into our wooden seats across from each other, between us stood a round table covered with a white linen cloth. The table ornaments were simple, such as a transparent, aquamarine glass. I liked how the designer kept the focal point on the sea, giving us fewer distractions, in front of his or her audience.

By the time the garçon arrived, I didn't even notice because of how beautiful our scenery held my attention. Roman was a bit distracted by his phone, but that didn't bother me. It gave me more time to admire our view and less time to inquire about the creases lining his forehead, because of whatever had captured his attention. I looked up and saw all the French-illustrated fishes that highlighted the ambiance around us, enhancing our magical underwater scenery. I was very impressed, to say the least.

I allowed Roman to order for me because I wasn't sure what I would like. The only thing I knew I was sure about was the dessert. The waiter came with our appetizers and we sat in comfortable silence staring out at the sea. I just couldn't take my eyes off it. I was happy when Roman decided to put his phone down and take in the scenery with me. I felt his eyes first on me before he turned them to the slow rolling waves – they were so soothing to listen to. A light breeze blew our way and I rubbed my hand on my forearm.

"Are you cold, Kätzchen?" I turned to the rumble of his voice.

"I'm fine. It's a slight chill. I'll be fine. I'm enjoying it." At that moment our dishes were placed in front of us.

"These are beautiful oysters."

"Mhm. They are." I replied sultrily.

Roman began laughing.

"That's the name of the dish, Sage. Beautiful Oysters."

"Oh," I said staring down at my plate while my cheeks heated in embarrassment. "I knew that. I was saying how beautiful they were as well."

Roman laughed harder and I joined in. After we calmed down we began eating, the garçon came back 15 minutes later and removed the empty dishes. Meanwhile, he told us how long our main course would take to arrive. I took the time to ask Roman how they prepared it.

"They are cooked in their juices with champagne, local lemon cromesquis on a thin buckwheat biscuit." He placed the menu down after reading it. I couldn't help but laugh again.

"Next time I'll know to read the menu."

He kept his menu when the garçon offered to take it away, after placing our plates. He told the man that his girlfriend would like to view the dessert menu. I blushed.

"I'm enjoying our night, Kätzchen." He said with his sexy smirk.

I felt all mushy inside when he gave me that look. As the night progressed, we had seven different dishes in total. I was stuffed at the end. I didn't know what I was eating sometimes and Roman tried explaining everything we had. Turns out, he didn't need the menu to tell me. He was good friends with the owner of the restaurant. He tried explaining that this was a 1 Michelin-starred restaurant. I was in awe. The food was exquisite, and I died when I sank my teeth into the Figs. Dear Lord and the cheeses.