Chapter 2: Blue Jeans

I looked up my eyes locked with Mr. Heinrich's icy blue ones.

"Oh no!"

He cursed in a language I am not familiar with.

I slowly looked down at the man's suit. It was covered in the remnants of my caramel latte along with a few seeds from our fruit bowls and a bit of bagel crumbs. I covered my mouth at what just transpired. He appeared out of nowhere. Why does he do that? I couldn't believe that I not only embarrassed myself in front of the C.E.O. and manager, but it looked as if I destroyed the man's suit in the process.

"I'm so sorry," I said. Then I began to wipe the front of his suit until my hands were whipping the front of his pants and I felt something hard move under my hand. I froze again. My hand is still on the man's pants front. My cheeks flushed red as he grabbed my wrist. It looked so thin in comparison to his big hand. I dropped to my knees yanking my hand away from him to clean up the mess I made on the floor. When I peered up at him he was still standing over me. He was observing me with steely blue eyes. They swam with a heat and some semblance of concern. I didn't notice that Ronnie was helping me with the mess until she said something.

"My apologies, Mr. Heinrich. We will get this cleaned for you. Is there something we can do about the suit?"

"That's fine, Miss Beauchamp. I'll be fine. I'm more concerned about Miss Sauvignon. She seems to be in some kind of hurry to get somewhere," he cocked a brow at me.

"No. I was heading out to get rid of the trash and then to get some work done for one of our clients," I stated while trying to get to my feet.

He stepped aside from the door and said, "Well don't let me stop you. I have some important things I'd like to discuss with Miss Beauchamp."

My eyes darted at him and the door and I took my time and exited as politely as possible and closed the door behind me. I threw the garbage into the bin beside my desk and let out a sigh after sitting in my chair. I closed my eyes and thought of the breathing technique I learned in yoga class last week. I took a few calming deep breaths to get my composure right for the day. I had to shake Mr. Heinrich from my head. After touching his privates, I smiled to myself and began the breathing techniques all over again.

"Get it together, Sage. He's your boss," I whispered to myself.

I sat up a bit to see if anyone was watching what might have happened at Ronnie's office door and my eyes met up with Sher's over the cubicle tops. She arched an eyebrow at me and I cocked my head and stared her down. "Mind your damn business." I mouthed knowing full well she couldn't see my lips. Irritation boiled inside of me because she tried to stick her nose into everything that happened at the office. Then sat back in my seat to really get some work done. I seriously need to finish these design concepts and work on my meditative skills.

Some minutes went by and I saw Mr. Heinrich exiting Ronnie's office with his dark blue jacket slung over his broad shoulder. His crotch was still stained, along with a few marks on his shirt. It was clear that he was unbothered by my clumsiness at his expense. He looked in my direction and a half-smile crept on his lips. He bowed his head slightly for me to see and refocused his gaze back on the path he was headed. My eyes lingered a little longer than I intended. He kept his hair cropped low which accentuated the dimensions of his face. His eyes were almond-shaped, deep-set, and icy blue with specs of green in them. Boy, were they expressive, unlike his facial features, because he kept a straight face most of the time. His lips were full, with hollow cheeks as a result of his high cheekbones. He had a strong jawline. He was tan and tall with muscles hidden under that white dress shirt. I felt them when I was wiping my hand across his torso. I felt my cheeks turn red again. His thighs felt like steel under my hands and his, oh my gosh. My cheeks hurt at this point, and I smiled nonsensically to myself. I have always had strong feelings for Mr. Heinrich, but I never truly ventured into them. Especially since I worked for him. It was his company, well his family's company. He took great pride in his work. Very hands-on with the employees and clients, but sometimes he would disappear for long periods and come back with his brown hair grown out and meaner. We avoided him when he was like this. However, when he went away again and would come back with a bold head he seemed more approachable like now. I peeked over my cubicle trying to glimpse the last bit of Mr. Heinrich, just in time to catch Sher with a file in hand waltzing in her gray jacket and mini skirt behind him. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Then I looked again. She was wearing a ring on her left hand. Oh my gosh. It was an engagement ring. I laughed a little. That explains her proud behaviour this morning.