- Chapter 16 ~ {A Family Crisis} ~ Scorpius's POV -

"It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay though never quite eradicated."  -Albus Dumbledore

...

True to our words, we left the Dolohov situation alone for the moment. February was just about done and gone, it was already the 28th. Although me, Albus, and Airana were stopping our Dolohov investigation for now, that certainly did not mean that we weren't keeping a close watch on the Daily Prophet.

The Prophet reported that an Auror from the Ministry, Etha Antin, disappeared mysteriously. She was especially known for her opposition to Voldemort and the Death Eaters. Personally, I think, (and so do Airana and Al) that Dolohov was behind the disappearance of Etha. It was quite clear, Airana had said.

"I reckon it's definitely Dolohov's doing." She announced.

Me and Albus nodded grimly.

Things were getting even more horrid and complicated at Hogwarts. More people were hating on the Slytherins, and although many of them deserved it, not everyone in Slytherin was as bad as they all said.

Airana had been pulled away from me and Albus, pulled away by some 7th Year Gryffindors. They fussed over her, as we stared, awestruck.

"Maybe it's the Confundus- '' A girl suggested pitifully.

"I'M NOT UNDER THE CONFUNDUS YOU DAFT DIMBO, THOSE ARE MY FRIENDS!" Airana shouted, snatching her arm away from their clutch. They gaped, open-mouthed, as she angrily walked over back to us.

"The Confundus Curse- hmph." She muttered, fuming.

Poor Airana wasn't only dealing with confused so-called 'saviors', James was also annoying her to no end. Half the time, she could be seen smacking him with a book.

But to Airana's dismay, James was getting even more worse.

"Hey Darlin', how are ya?" James said, winking as he passed by.

"James- you might not want to irritate her just now-" Al started to warn.

"Fine." Airana said, gritting her teeth and trying to act as civil as possible. "And DON'T call me that."

"Anything for you Pumpkin." James says haughtily.

A loud "SMACK!" was heard.

"Ow! You told me to not call you that so I called you something else-" James pleaded.

"You arrogant prick!" Airana said shrilly. "The Quidditch wins have inflated your head to a size that is surely not normal! JUST BECAUSE YOUR GOOD AT QUIDDITCH-"

"I'm good at Quidditch-?" James asks, hopefully raising an eyebrow, an expression of delight on his face.

Airana snarled dangerously.

---

I was sitting in Astronomy, listening to Professor Apricus, when a dark figure approached the one lamp lit Tower. Many heads turned to see the Headmistress.

"Professor McGonagal!" Apricus said in surprise. "Whatever are you doing here?"

"I've come to discuss an urgent matter, Amelia." McGonagall says swiftly, a worried expression on her wrinkled face.

"Oh-?"

"May I take a student to my office please?" McGonagall asked, a noticeable sad note in her voice.

"Of- of course Minerva." Amelia Apricus replied, going back to talking about Mars.

What I didn't expect, was for McGonagall to call my name.