- Chapter 20 ~ {The Auror's Return} ~ Albus's POV -

Someone standing outside the Great Hall might well have thought some sort of explosion had taken place, so loud was the noise that erupted from the Gryffindor table. Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood up to yell and cheer as Neville, white with shock, disappeared under a pile of people hugging him. He had never won so much as a point for Gryffindor before. Harry, still cheering, nudged Ron in the ribs and pointed at Malfoy, who couldn't have looked more stunned and horrified if he'd just had the Body-Bind Curse put on him.
"Which means," Dumbledore called over the storm of applause, for even Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were celebrating the downfall of Slytherin, "we need a little change of decoration."
He clapped his hands. In an instant, the green hangings became scarlet and the silver became gold; the huge Slytherin serpent vanished and a towering Gryffindor lion took its place. Snape was shaking Professor McGonagall's hand, with a horrible, forced smile. He caught Harry's eye and Harry knew at once that Snape's feelings toward him hadn't changed one jot. This didn't worry Harry. It seemed as though life would be back to normal next year, or as normal as it ever was at Hogwarts.
It was the best evening of Harry's life, better than winning at Quidditch, or Christmas, or knocking out mountain trolls... he would never, ever forget tonight." -Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

...

The day of the exams came, and the sooner they finished, the better I would feel, I thought.

Flitwick made us slice as many apples as we could, perfectly as we could, in under 60 seconds, using the Severing Charm. Vita looked down sternly at us, until we could get our wand movements precisely correct, and transfigure our mice. Longbottom made us identify, and use various plants, such as Wormwood. Forctis was no better, and neither was Stone, who snapped at anyone that spilled even a teensy bit of their Sleeping Draught.

The exams seemed to take ages, and now that I thought about it, I would really rather have watched that Quidditch game than take the treacherous examinations. After writing the names of barmy old wizards of the 18th century, I was finally free.

"Merlin, my head hurts," Scorpius complained, as we sat down on the Hogwarts grounds, underneath a large tree.

"I know, mine too.. Gods, that truly was horrible," said Airana, sighing and leaning back comfortably. The tree branches blew in the wind, the leaves sort of putting us in a protective orb.

"Yeah," I nodded, "But at least we have a full week to rest from all that. And Summer Term is starting now.. I can't believe we're almost finished with our first year!"

"Wow.. just about a full year, us being friends," Scorpius says.

"Yeah, and James being a nuisance." Airana said laughing, as she watched James jump into the Lake. "Is it bad I want him to get detention for that?" She asked, smirking.

"Nah, don't worry, it really isn't, I want him to get detention too, maybe then he'll learn a lesson," I say, chuckling.

"James Potter, learning a lesson? We should take you to St. Mungo's, we should," Airana sniggers.

"Yeah, he's probably gone mental from your constant talk of the exams and Quidditch," Scorpius replied, laughing.

"Oh shut up Malfoy," Airana lightly smacked Scorpius on the shoulder.

"Mhm, do us a favor, Scor, and stop talking." I say.

"OI! My voice is very charming, I'll speak all I want!" He said in response.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night mate,"

"Yes, but be careful, you were sounding a bit like James there," Airana snorted.

"Blimey, you're right..."

---

A full week free from classes and exams, life was good. Not only that, but the Ministry Auror that had gone missing earlier in the year, had apparently returned, unharmed. Etha Antin came back perfectly fine, and good in health, except for some damaged memories. No doubt Dolohov had removed those memories of when he'd captured her, the Daily Prophet had guessed.

Nonetheless, things were calming down quite a bit, thankfully. Etha had come back, and although Dolohov was still at large, there wasn't a single attack. The Minister, Kinglsey Shacklebolt, was still a bit suspicious with the whole 'Etha Antin' situation, but everything was a lot better.

June 30th, the last day of term, snuck up on the students quicker than anyone could have imagined. The feast was brilliant, the house-elves had certainly outdone themselves.

McGonagall stood up and clapped thrice, and the chattering stopped, as did the gentle 'clink'' of silverware. Clearing her throat, the Headmistress began to speak:

"The House Cup, is a huge honor, given to the House that year, that has succeeded the most, gained the most points. The scores, are:"

"Hufflepuff, with 218 points,"

The Hufflepuffs cheered, and others clapped politely.

"Slytherin, with 286 points,"

I clapped loudly, me and Scorpius bringing our glasses together, in a cheer. I could see Airana across the Hall, smiling and whooping.

"Ravenclaw, with 323 points," McGonagall said,

Ravenclaws grinned, excited whispers arousing from their table

"And finally.. The winner of the House Championship of 2017.. Gryffindor, with 407 points!"

The last few words McGonagall had said were drowned out by the loud cheers and stomps of the Gryffindors. Those outside of Hogwarts would think a bomb had been dropped, and I imagined Hagrid looking up at the castle from his hut, suspecting a Gryffindor win, by the way the Great Hall tables shivered from the shouts.

"YES! YESS!!" Airana yelled, so elated, that she went and hugged the person nearest to her, which turned out to be James, and he stared at her, shocked, as she clutched his waist, squealing happily.

I laughed at the look on James's face, and I knew that I would never, never forget this night. I knew, that this evening would take a stand as one of my best, even until I was as old as the batty wizards we had to write about in History of Magic.

...