- Chapter 18 ~ {The Quidditch Cup} ~ Albus's POV -

"Flint was still howling twenty minutes later, but it made no difference-Harry hadn't broken any rules and Lee Jordan was still happily shouting the results-Gryffindor had won by 170 points to 60." -Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

...

"WELCOME TO THE LAST QUIDDITCH MATCH OF THE YEAR! GRYFFINDOR VS HUFFLEPUFF-"

I heard Smith shout, his voice carrying all the way up to the castle. Me, Scorpius, and Airana, were desperately trying to get to the pitch, but couldn't, because unfortunately for us, Peeves had decided to cause havoc.

"Peeves! Will you PLEASE move out of the way- oh come on, we're going to miss the match!!" Airana pleaded.

"Why does this type of stuff only happen to us?" Scorpius moaned.

"Hee hee hee! Peevesy is being tricky!! Weeeeee!!!" Peeves cackled, diving at me.

"AH!"

"OH FOR MERLIN'S SAKE PEEVES, CAN'T YOU ANNOY US LATER?! THERE'S A QUIDDITCH MATCH GOING ON, AFTER ALL!!!" Airana screamed.

"Peeves does not listen to ickle firsties!!!" Said Peeves wildy.

Airana growled.

Me and Scorpius looked at each other warily.

"Peeves." Airana says, calming down, "How about this... you can prank us as long as you let us go to the Quidditch pitch, alright?"

Peeves stopped zooming around Scorpius's head- "You swears it?"

"I swear it on Gryffindor." Airana replied solemnly.

"Peevsy will let rude Rosher, maniacal Malfoy and Potty wee Potter go thenn!" Peeves cried, zipping away.

"Finally- come on, let's hurry!" Airana said.

And then we rushed off.

---

When we got to the pitch, the match had already started. We got there just in time to see James score his first goal, as the crowd hooted with excitement.

James pushed his glasses up, the velocity of his broomstick making it fall to the edge of his nose.

He had apparently complained of everything being blurry, to Mum, and she'd owled him wiry thin round spectacles. I was still getting used to his glasses, as he was.

"OH GODS- POTTER, STOP SHOWING OFF AND GO GET THE BLOODY QUAFFLE!" Airana shouted, cupping her mouth.

James was doing tricks in midair, grinning widely. Then, noticing the Quaffle in a Hufflepuff's hands, he streaked after it.

"AND HARRIS BLOCKS THE QUAFFLE- BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME, HEARTH!" Smith said into the microphone.

Grifiths got the Quaffle, and zoomed down the pitch, passing it to Carter, who passed it to James, who threw the Quaffle into the Hufflepuff hoops.

Canis, the Keeper for Hufflepuff, kicked the Quaffle away, as the Gryffindors booed.

"ROOK PASSES TO MALLARD, INTERCEPTED BY POTTER- HE THROWS IT TO CARTER, AND CARTER'S GOIN' FAST, WILL HE MAKE IT-?! OOOH, HE DID!! 20-0 GRYFFINDOR!"

The Gryffindors roared, Airana shrieking, "Yes! Yes!"

"HEARTH HAS THE QUAFFLE, SHE PASSES IT TO ROOK, AH, GRIFITHS GRABS THE QUAFFLE, SHE'S GOING FOR CANIS, OH NO- ASTER HITS A GOOD BLUDGER THERE- OH MY GODS, POTTER'S ZOOMING STRAIGHT TO THEM- HE'S GOING TO CRASH-"

But no, James did not crash as Jacob Smith had thought. Instead, he takes the Bludger for Grifiths, wincing as he did it, leaving Grifiths free to score.