- Chapter 13 ~ {Christmas Carols} ~ Airana's POV -

"One can never have enough socks. Another Christmas has come and gone, and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books." -Albus Dumbledore

...

The next day, Albus was seen sulking. He hadn't received a reply back from his Dad yet, and he was getting quite frustrated.

"It's okay mate, I'm sure he'll send you the letter soon." Scorpius assured Al.

"Him and his stupid busy self." Al muttered.

"Albus Potter!" I shouted, smacking him on the arm.

"Ow! Okay, Merlin's beard, you don't have to attack me!"

Scorpius sniggered appreciatively. "Maybe she did. You were whining a bit too much."

"Whatever." Albus pouted.

I shushed them and pointed to Professor Flitwick, who was looking around curiously to see who was talking.

---

During Herbology, Professor Longbottom took names for who was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas. Not many did, most of them excited to go home for the holidays. People were grinning happily, and Christmas spirit was swirling around the air like the feathers we had to levitate in Charms.

James even taught the suits of armor how to sing.

"I always knew those metal blokes were magicked." He had said.

The suits creaked and screeched, James singing (more like crowing) along with them, while walking down those halls.

"Mr.Potter! No singing plea-" Professor Forctis tried saying.

But James went singing all the way.

I would be going home for Christmas, as were Scorpius and Al. We planned to send our gifts to each other by owl. The days went by quickly, and it was soon the 20th of December.

"Two more days and we can go home!" Scorpius said, sighing.

"Yeah, I can't wait!" I say from the table in the middle of the room.

We were in the Room of Requirement, or else what we called 'our common room'. I was sitting down at the desk, reading, and Scorpius and Al were playing a game of chess.

"Looks like I'll just have to ask my Dad about that hole once I get home." Albus sighed.

"Why don't we all go up to the Owlrey then? This game's going nowhere.. I'm losing. Come on, let's go do something useful." Scorpius suggested, putting down a shouting chessman.

"Good idea. I just hope the letter's here by now." Al said, getting up.

I glanced longingly at the book I had just lowered. "Er.. why don't just you two go-"

"Oh shush. Yeah yeah, I know, you'd rather read. Stay here then, we'll come back." Scorpius interrupted. With a sheepish smile, I waved them goodbye, and they left.

---

I turned the page, reading intently.

And suddenly-

"BAM!"

I jumped out of my seat, looking around, eyes wide, to see Al sprinting towards me, waving a piece of parchment maniacally.

"THE LETTER! HE REPLIED- COME ON, READ IT!!" Albus said excitedly.

"Okay! Calm down Al, you're scaring me." I say.