CHAPTER THREE: THE SURPRISE

"Hey, I'm out front." Stefan told Elena over the phone.
"Okay, coming!" Elena replied then hung up.

Elena was wearing a green tank top, dark blue jeans, a white leather jacket, her white converse and her paisley patterned bikini underneath everything. Stefan was wearing a plain black v-neck top, dark blue jeans, his black boots and board shorts underneath everything. They both had packed a towel for themselves. Stefan had made snacks and put them in a picnic basket followed with some soft drink.

"We're here!" Stefan said excitingly.
"Oh my gosh! Stefan, it's beautiful!" Elena said in awe, looking at the gorgeous flower garden.

Elena got out the car to hear the sound of a waterfall.

"You coming?" Stefan asked Elena.
"Oh, yeah!" Elena replied.

Elena walked up next to Stefan who was holding his hand out. He wanted to hold hands. Elena went and grab his hand in hers. 'I'm safe with him' Elena thought to herself.

Stefan had covered Elena's eyes with his hands, guiding her where to go. He reached the bridge that goes over the top of the waterfall, where they can stand/sit and admire the view and eat the snacks Stefan had prepared earlier.

"Prepare yourself, Miss Gilbert, for the most beautiful thing in the world...besides you." Stefan whispered in Elena's ear making her giggle hysterically.
"I'm ready!" Elena squealed as Stefan removed his hands from her gorgeous brown eyes.

Elena looked around and gasped every 2 seconds.

"Stefan! I love it! It's gorgeous!" Elena said then giving Stefan a quick kiss.
"Wanna go for a swim?" Stefan asked Elena.
"Do i want to?! I'd love to!" Elena screamed.

Both Stefan and Elena took their t-shirts, pants and shoes off. Stefan stood at the edge of the bridge.

"Wanna jump?" Stefan asked Elena.
"Sure!" Elena replied, jumping onto the hand rail and grabbing onto Stefan's hand.
"Hand in hand on three?" Stefan asked.
"Hand in hand on three it is!" Elena said full of excitement.
"Okay. One, Two, Three!" Stefan shouted/counted as they both jumped off the rail, hand in hand.

Both Stefan and Elena had hit the bottom of the waterfall and came back up. They swam around and started splashing and playing in the water, until Stefan spoke up.

"You hungry or thirsty?" Stefan asked Elena.
"Yeah kind of..." Elena replied.

Stefan started to walk out of the water until Elena had grabbed his hand and pulled him back towards her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. After the kiss broke off, they walked out of the water holding hands. They both walked back up to the bridge and started unpacking the picnic basket.

After they finished having a nice night with snacks and funny conversations, Stefan took Elena home. Stefan had reached Elena's house at 11:30pm.

"Stefan?" Elena said.
"Yeah?" Stefan said with a bit of worry in his tone.
"Do you wanna stay the night? It's too late and dangerous for you to be driving..."
"Sure, thankyou."

Stefan and Elena went upto Elena's room and got into bed. Elena fell asleep whilst watching a movie, with her head on Stefan's chest and eventually, Stefan thought to himself, 'I will keep her safe, because she is the one for me and I will be there for her, no matter what happens, I will never leave her.' Stefan then fell asleep and that's when everything started to feel right.

AUTHORS NOTE: HEY GUYS! Feel free to tell me what you think. Also feel free to suggest some ideas for the next chapter. THANKS XXX tyneishajayne :)