CHAPTER FOURTEEN: BAD NEWS...

It has been a few weeks since Katherine and Damon had their baby girl, Natasha. Stefan and Elena have been organising their closets and shopping for new outfits for school. They both thought that it was time for some new things. Once Stefan and Elena arrived back at Elena's house, Elena emptied all of her bags full of new clothes on to the bed and started to take of the price tags, hang them up and fold them then put them away. School is back tomorrow and both Stefan and Elena don't want the holidays to end, but unfortunately, it has to eventually. Elena had finished unpacking and put all of the rubbish into the bin. When Elena started to walk up the stairs, she heard Jeremy, but there was another voice. It was Bonnie! Both Elena and Stefan thought that Bonnie and Jeremy were cute together. Elena eventually snapped back into reality and continued walking up the rest of the stairs. Elena walked back into her room and walked straight towards the window. The sun was setting and elena had a great idea.

"Stefan." Elena said with a quirky smile on her face.
"Yeah." Stefan said in a faint voice, almost as if he was whispering.
"Come with me." Elena said walking out of the room with her camera. Stefan followed her.

Elena had walked outside and walked around to the side where there was a ladder. Stefan was behind her.

"What are we doing?" Stefan said in his cute concerned voice.
"We are going to sit on the roof or balcony and watch the sunset and take some beautiful photos, you in for it?" Elena said as she was starting to climb the ladder.
"Of course I am." Stefan said as he followed Elena up the ladder until Elena reached the roof. Elena sat down with her legs together and slightly bent with her arms wrapped around her calves. Stefan walked over and sat next to her. Stefan sat in the same position as her except with his arms around her. They were cuddling.

"Stefan." Elena said in a depressing tone.
"What's the matter?" Stefan said whilst pulling away his arms.
"Here's the thing... Jenna, Jeremy and I are going away." Elena said as she started to cry.
"What! How long?!" Stefan said holding Elena's hands.
"That's the thing that i'm upset about...We will be gone for almost a whole year.
"No." Stefan said with sadness in his voice.
"Stefan...I..." Elena said with tears streaming down her face.
"No Elena. I love you." Stefan said as he wiped away Elena's tears.
"I love you too Stefan." Elena said as she hugged Stefan tightly.
"I will still be here when you get back. Elena, I love you and I can't just let that go.... However long your holiday is or how far away it is... I love you and I won't leave." Stefan said as he started to cry.
"Stefan..." Elena said pulling away from the hug. Elena grabbed Stefan's face and gave him a passionate kiss. The kiss lasted a long time until it eventually broke away.
"When do you leave?" Stefan asked looking down.
Elena didn't speak. She started to cry even harder.
"We leave... in two days." Elena said looking anywhere except Stefan.
Stefan just got up and helped Elena up as well.
"I love you. Don't let that go." Stefan said as he rubbed both of Elena's hands as he held them.
"I love you too." Elena said giving him the tightest hug she had ever given him.

10 minutes later, Stefan went back to the Salvatore Boarding House. Elena walked into the kitchen and sat down.

"What's the matter?" Jenna said as she stopped cooking and walked over to have a little conversation with Elena.
"I just told Stefan about our holiday..." Elena said as she started to cry again. Jenna came and gave Elena a hug.
"You don't have to go...you can choose." Jenna said as she pulled away.
"What do you mean i can choose?!" Elena said ass she looked up at Jenna.
"You can either stay with the love of your life...or go on this holiday that you probably won't even enjoy...P.S. i said the same thing to Jeremy." Jenna said as she went back to the kitchen bench and started to cut up some vegetables for dinner.
"I don't know." Elena said as she walked away and went back to her room.

*****2 DAYS LATER*****

Today is the day that the three Gilbert's leave to go on their apparently 'boring holiday, Jenna's words exactly. The three of them are sitting down at their gate at the airport. they were about to board soon. Eventually, the bell went off and the speaker said that gate 23 was about to board. That was Elena's gate. Elena, Jeremy and Jenna all board the plane. As soon as Elena sits down in her seat, she starts to cry. She then looks back at Jenna who is nodding, assuring Elena it's not to late to leave. Elena grabs her things and quickly runs to get off of the plane. She is eventually out of the airport and hailing a taxi.

"The Salvatore boarding house please." Elena said to the taxi driver as she packed her suitcases into the boot of the car.

20 minutes later, the taxi was pulling into the Salvatore boarding house drive way. Elena saw Stefan exiting the house as if he was about to leave and go get some coffee and breakfast. Stefan stops what he was doing, unlocking his car, and drops his keys. Elena gets out of the taxi and runs straight upto Stefan, smashing her lips against his. After a minute or two, elena paid her taxi driver, grabbed her suitcases and turned back to Stefan.

"Jenna said I could choose what I wanted to do. I boarded the plane and realised this isn't what i wanted, it's not where i belong, i belong withyou, Stefan." Elena said as she hugged Stefan with her dear life.
"Do you think I could stay with you for a year?" Elena said as she giggled. Both Stefan and Elena were crying and giggling.
"Of course you can. Come on. Put your suitcases jus in the hallway and let's go and get some breakfast and coffee" Stefan said with a smile on his face.

Elena and Stefan got in the car and drove away. They are perfect together. They belong together. Elena chose the right thing.

AUTHORS NOTE: HEY GUYS! I hope you like this chaoter! feel free to give it a vote, comment, share, even make a suggestion. New chapter will be done quiet quickly as it his holidays and i have a lot of free time :) THANKS! tyneishajane xxxx