CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE TRUTH HAS BEEN BLURTED...

Caroline was scared. She had tears running down her face. She curled up into Tyler's arms and let outa big sigh and started crying out loud. Los told Tyler to take her home. Tyler had taken her home. Caroline didn't know how to feel. Angry? Scared? Sick? She felt all three of those feelings. Scared to think that he could be let loose again. Angry that he did all of these things to her. And most of all, sick to her stomach because of all the things he made her do and the punishment that was given to her when a mistake was made.

"You okay?" Tyler asked full of concern whilst cuddling her on the couch watching 'Gossip Girl'.
"No." Caroline simply replied. This made her cry even more.
"You know you can always talk to me." Tyler said with generosity.
"I don't want to talk about it. I want to talk about us." Caroline blurted out.
"What are you talking about?" Your screwed up his face.
"Whilst I was gone..." Caroline said as she moved her head down.
"What, Caroline?" Tyler asked in a shaky voice.
"I know about Liv!" Caroline yelled and started crying.
Tyler sat there with shame written all over his face.
"Say something. Tyler!" Caroline yelled as tears started streaming down her face.
"What do you want me to say Caroline?!" Tyler yelled back as he stood up from the couch.
"Why did you give up on me?" Caroline asked with pain in her eyes.
"I was convinced you were dead Caroline. You were gone for 2 years!" Tyler said aggressively.
"So. Do you still feel the same about me?" Caroline said full of regret.
"I'm not sure." Tyler responded in a quieter voice with his head facing the floor.
Caroline start to cry even harder.
"Caroline..." Tyler said but was cut off.
"Don't Tyler! Just leave!" Caroline said as she stood up from the couch and pushed Tyler away from her.
"I never meant for it to be this way." Tyler said with regret in his eyes.
"Yeah well it's too late for that." Caroline said as she walked towards the front door and opened it.
"You should go be with Liv." Caroline said with a sniffle.
"You don't understand. You were gone Caroline. And by gone I mean dead but apparently missing for 2 years. Liv was there for me. The I started getting feelings for her. I'm sorry." Tyler explained as he was standing on the front porch.
"No your not. Goodbye Tyler." Caroline said as she slammed the door shut.

Caroline was too upset and didn't know who else to talk to. She had noticed that Stefan had been there for her and was a great listener. Caroline got up from her bed where she was laying and crying, grabbed her phone, and called Stefan.

"Hello?" Stefan said through the phone.
"Stefan." Caroline said as she started crying and sobbing.
"Caroline what's wrong?!" Stefan said in a serious and concerned tone.
"Can you please come over. Bring Elena. I just really need to talk to someone." Caroline asked which made Stefan even more concerned about her.
"Sure. We'll be there in 2." Stefan said as he started to get in the car with Elena.
"Thank you." Caroline said and hung up the phone.

Stefan and Elena drove to Caroline's house and ran through the door. They see Caroline on the couch crying. Her head in her hands. Tissues in a bin that is placed right next to her.

"Caroline! Are you okay?" Elena said as she ran to the couch and hugged Caroline.
"Tyler... And... I... Broke... Up!" Caroline said with breaths in between each word.
"Oh my God. Caroline I'm so sorry." Stefan said as he walked over to the couch and sat on the other side of Caroline.

Stefan and Elena sat there for hours supporting and listening to Caroline. Caroline had told Stefan and Elena everything about what happened. From the police station to her and Tyler breaking up.

The next day Caroline didn't go to school. Caroline walked outside to go and check the letter box. There was a letter in an envelope addressed to Caroline. She picked it up and took it inside. Caroline put the letter on the coffee table in front of her, sat down on the couch, put the blanket over her legs and let out a big sigh. Caroline didn't want to read, at least she wasn't sure she wanted to anyway. It took Caroline a few hours to come to her senses and read the letter that was haunting her by sitting on the table, staring at her. She read it. It was from Tyler. It read...

Caroline,
I never meant for things to end up this way. I'm so so so sorry.
I hope you can forgive me. Ever since you came back I haven't spoken to Liv.
I haven't spoken to her because I still love you and I always will. We're just not IN love.
I understand that you probably hate me. If you don't want to talk to me, that's okay. But if you do, that's okay too.
I will always love you Caroline. You were my first love.
Always, Tyler.

Caroline was in tears. She wiped away her tears and had the guts to pick up the phone and call Tyler.

"Hello?"

AUTHORS NOTE: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm extremely sorry. I've been really busy lately and haven't had enough time to write. But it's all okay. I'm back on track. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. New update soon. Xoxo tyneishajayne