New tail

The next day.

I had slept in for a little while and woke up to a rough, gentle hand petting my forehead. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Giyu petting me. I made a little noise saying "Good morning" which startled him. "Hello." He said. I yawned and looked over and saw Mr. muramasa working on the tail fin. I smiled a little. "We'll dragon, after you can fly we're are you gonna go?" Giyu asked. I looked down. I'm not sure. I kind of want to find that kid and his sister. But at the same time.... I sighed. "Are you gonna find your family?" He asked. I shook my head. "Do you have a family?" He asked. I nodded. "We'll then go find them." He said. It's not that easy. Him asking these questions was kind of making me uncomfortable so I got up and went over to Mr. Muramasa. "Hey buddy. How'd you sleep?" He asked petting my head. I sniffed the tail. WHAT???!!! I looked around and saw that the old tail fin was over at the side of the house. "I decided to make an entirely new tail. It would be easier to make a whole new one than to repair that old one." He said. I understood. I figured it was gonna happen but it's still hard to let go of toothless' tail. "But, the old one has dragon scales on it. That was to make it look more natural." I sort of nodded. "So in a little but do you wanna help me do that with this one?" He asked. I nudged his side. "Haha, I take that as a yes."

After some breakfast, Mr. Muramasa was ready. I was taking a drink and I felt some hands scratching me. "Here ya go." Mr. Muramasa said. It felt good. I could feel him getting some loose scales off. "Yes. That's what we want." He said picking up the few scales and putting them in a bag.

About two hours later of scratching and working on the tail Mr. Muramasa's was done. "But there still is something missing." He said. I looked at the tail. There were some parts that had scales on them, but a lot of it wasn't covered. "We need a kind of paint. But it wouldn't be fire proof like your scales." He said looking at the tail. I sighed. Hmmm. I looked at the tail, and at my tail. Oh I got it. I went into the house. I know I saw it.. aha.

I made a noise and came out of the house with a mortar and pestle in my mouth. "Oh, is there something you wanna try?" Mr. Muramasa said. I nodded. He placed them on the ground and I took a few scales and put them in there, and them I put a little of my saliva into the mortar and pestle. "Ok?" Mr. Muramasa's said. Giyu then walked out of the house dressed. "I'll be off." He said. "Ok, see you?" Mr. Muramasa said. Grinding the saliva and scales into a paste. "What are you doin?" Giyu asked. "Testing something." Muramasa said. He pulled a hide canvas out of his work area and put some of the paste on it. He then stood back and nodded at me. "What are you-" Giyu started and then I Shot a little plasma blast at the canvas. When the smoke cleared the can was sort of burnt but mostly intact. "I think it works." Mr. Muramasa said. "What works?" Giyu asked. "He put some of his scales and saliva into here and I crushed it up into a paint. So it's fire proof." He said. Giyu raised an eyebrow, and looked at me. "You are one smart creature." He said to me. I kinda smiled and nudged him. "Ok we'll I'll be off." He said.

Right before he left he turned to me and said. "Dragon, if you want to go to that boy and girl, I let the person taking care of them know about you." That felt a little nerve racking. "He's a good man. You can trust him. Just fly towards that mountain." He said pointing. I nodded. "Once you pick up on that boys scent, you'll find him." Giyu then ran off. I let out a breathe. "Ok so all we need to some more paint and you'll have yourself a new tail fin by the end of today." Mr. muramasa said. I looked back at him and smiled. "But some lunch first." He said. I agree.

After some lunch, more scratching, spitting and grinding. It was done. "Oh it's beautiful!" Mr. Muramasa said. "Ok let's put it on." He said. I got excited. And sat down. I felt him on my tail. I felt the wait go on. This is gonna get some getting used to. I said. "And done." He said. I turned around and sniffed the tail. "That a boy." He said. I began to smile. I sat and had the tail in front of me and moved my tail fin making the fake one move. "What do you think bud?"I like it. I nudged him, and gave him a hug. "Oh, you are welcome." I then got excited and was gonna fly, but...

I looked back at Mr. Muramasa. "I'll be ok. Don't worry about me." He said. But then he remembered something. "Oh wait." He grabbed the crystal off of his work bench  and put it in the tail fin. "So it has some use." I smiled and gave him one more hug before running off and jumping and flying. This is awesome.

I got used to the weight and then flew my way to toe mountain that Giyu said.

(Short chapter, but I'm happy with it. I hope it was ok for you guys. The next chapter will be interesting.)