~ INTRODUCTION I ~

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

"Eirene Targaryen was the first born child of King Viserys I and Alicent Hightower, the twin to Aegon II

"Eirene Targaryen was the first born child of King Viserys I and Alicent Hightower, the twin to Aegon II. she was laughed at by the realms for the dragon she rode, until she made it known that she was no joke, not a woman to be taken lightly by the seven kingdoms. her dragon, Stormcutter, 'the king of the clouds and the rain' was the father of Rhaegal, and Viserion

having the right for the iron throne stripped from her by her mother, handed to her brother without question, simply because she was born a woman, and he a man. she was driven to madness by her mother, to which she left the greens and joined her half-sister's side to fight for her throne.

together they won the dance of dragons after forming an alliance with Daemon Targaryen and his dragon Caraxes the 'blood wyrm'. after the dance, she was said to be the opposite of her name, a cruel woman who knew no mercy, nicknamed 'the wingless raven' for if you saw her in the skies, riding atop of the king of the clouds, there was nothing left to do but hide and pray that she would not find you.

but despite all of this, Eirene was no whore, she was not cruel, and she knew mercy. she was strongly mistreated, beaten to the point of her break.

now do you see? the reason i do the things i do, the reason i fight for freedom, to break the chains, to destroy the wheel, is because of people like her. like my grandmother."

-Daenerys Targaryen to Jon Snow

"the red keep is a cruel place, filled with not only dragons, but snakes as well. tread lightly mother, for you are not a dragon, but a serpent in the tall grass."

-Eirene Targaryen to Alicent Hightower

"her dragon is young, inexperienced. Stormcutter holds no threat, and nor does Eirene."

 -Otto Hightower to Alicent Hightower

"do not underestimate the strength of Stormcutter, or the wingless raven will have your head."

-Daemon Targaryen

"what was it Rhaenyra said mother? the cloak of your righteousness?"

-Eirene Targaryen to Alicent Hightower

"even Eirene has the claim to the iron throne before me! she is older, why must i sit upon it?"

-Aegon Targaryen II to Alicent Hightower

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

"every time a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin, only this time, they flipped one for two."

Eirene Targaryen was the first born of her name, only minutes before the birth of her twin brother, Aegon II. Aegon's birth was a mystery to all, a shock. once Eirene had made her cruel entrance to the world, Alicent and Viserys had merely minutes to welcome the beauty before Alicent's after birth began. only they weren't after births, they were a second child.

Eirene was raised with love from her parents, a little more from her father than her mother who obviously favoured her brother Aegon II. Viserys was filled with joy at the birth of another daughter, he loved his first with all his heart so giving her a sister to play with despite the seventeen year age gap was something he found more joy in.

he loved his son too, who as he grew, became the polar opposite of his father.

Eirene looked very similar to Alicent's mother, alongside her striking Targaryen features. she was born with a full head of hair, something she took from her mother, the snow white locks taken from her father. long dark lashes, thick brown eye brows, and as she grew into those features, they only seemed to become more striking.

many would say, as she grew, that she was battling Rhaenyra Targaryen for the title of the 'realms delight', her beauty a comparison to that of the brightest star.

upon her cradle, after her birth, two eggs were placed. one for her brother, the other for herself. her brother's egg was a light yellow, almost golden and littered with red and orange flecks of scales hiding within the shell. it looked as if it were a painting of the sun. Eirene's egg was one that brought confusion, a small red scaled egg, highlights of gold and black flickering through as the light shone in the correct direction.

both eggs were born of syrax, rhaenyra's dragon, and rhaenyra had gifted them herself. she hated that alicent and her father were together, but she would not take it out on their children.

much like the odd birth of twins, the red egg never hatched. the scales were cold, missing the familiar warmth of a brewing dragon inside. Viserys was incredibly disappointed for his daughter, he knew how this would affect her growing up. to not have a dragon, simply a small cold egg to sit upon her fireplace.