{14}

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

Eirene returned to Dragonstone numb.

Stormcutter flew off to wherever when they landed, pained wails and shrieks filling the air as he fled, mourning his brother. Eirene arrived alone, Rhaenys returning to the skies in hopes that Vhagar would not return to finish the job, leaving Eirene to enter the castle alone.

there, she found Daemon's questioning gaze as he left Caraxes to fly to the sky.

as she approached, Eirene collapsed to her knees, sobbing. Daemon watched her fall, his eyes showing sorrow as he listened to her screams. slowly, he crouched down and placed a hand on the princess' shoulder. "Eirene, what happened?" he questioned lowly.

the princess reached up and clutched onto his wrist, her other hand grabbing his armour. "Lucerys," she sobbed, feeling the prince tense in her hold. "Aemond killed him. he ordered Vhagar to swallow him whole, i watched Arrax fall from the sky."

Daemon was stiff as he heard the news through her pained wails and sobs. slowly, he stood, taking her with him. Eirene limped alongside him as he lead her into the castle, her hands hugging herself as he held her arm gently.

he left her by the door of the hall, her hearing muffled as she stood, staring at her sister across the hall. Rhaenyra was talking to one of the Lords as she did and Eirene could feel Baela and Rhaena talking to her, wondering what on earth had happened.

she didn't reply, only watching as Daemon pulled her sister aside to tell her the news.

she watched Rhaenyra stumble, shoving him away as she held her stomach, her head lowering as she cried. then, she seemed to stop, and slowly she turned.

her eyes locked onto Eirene as she did, with a look held within them that Eirene had never known the familiarity of.

revenge.