{4}

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

"how could you allow such a thing to happen?" Viserys scolded, sitting utop a throne in the hall of the High Tide. Eirene sat on a chair, cradling her head in her hands as her skull throbbed, with Aegon standing glumly behind her, slightly swaying on his drunken feet. "i will have answers."

she wanted sleep, but Aemond had to get himself into trouble. now he was missing an eye, staring at the ground as her eyes burned into his skull whilst a cup filled with seed of the poppy laid un-drunken in her hands.

her parent's were fuming at the news, Alicent demanding justice whilst Viserys tried to deal with one situation at a time.

"the children were supposed to be abed, my king." Harrold explained standing before him.

"who had the watch?" Viserys demanded. as he did, Criston Cole added his two cent, as usual.

"the prince was attacked by his cousins your grace."

"you swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!" Viserys stood from his chair, limping forwards with his staff in hand.

"i'm very sorry, your grace."

"we have never had to defend princes from princes, your grace." Cole deflected again.

"that is no answer!" Viserys shouted at him.

"it will heal, will it not Maester?" Alicent asked desperately, knelt besides him and in front of her one eye'd son.

"the flesh will heal." he spoke, adding the final stitch to Aemond's empty eye socket. "but the eye is lost, your grace."

outraged, Alicent stood and stormed to her oldest son. "where were you!" she grabbed his shoulders, shaking him. Eirene scowled, finding the action unseemly and unneeded. why blame the brother who was absent rather than the brother who caused the ruckus? Alicent always seemed to blame the twins for Aemond's wrongdoings.

Eirene winced as Alicent's other hand slammed onto her head, yanking it to meet her eyes by her hair.

she looked off to the side, avoiding Alicent's eyes as she sunk further into herself when she felt her twin knock into her chair, stumbling over his drunken feet. he may have been a fool, a drunken young man who would likely be the father of over a dozen bastards in the future, if not already, but he was still her brother. and she still cared for him.

"me?" he slurred. "ow! what was that for!"

she slapped him angrily, a few people flinching and turning away awkwardly. "that was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fools!"

Eirene's eyes burned as Alicent tightened her grip on her hair, forcing her to meet her mother eyes. violet hitting brown. "why must we take the blame for his mistakes?" she uttered. Alicent seemingly flared in anger, but before she could respond the doors flung open.

then, in stormed Corlys, followed by Rhaenys. "what is the meaning of this!"

"Baela! Rhaena! what happened!" Rhaenys gasped, rushing towards her granddaughters as they sat together bruised and battered from Aemond's hand.

then, another set of doors opened, Rhaenyra rushing in with Daemon following suit. he paused at the door and leaned on it casually, examining the scene with amusement, like he did most things.

"Jace! Luke!" Rhaenyra called, rushing to her children and taking them in her arms. "show me, show me." Luke hiccup his cries and lifted his hand off his nose, showing the broken bone to her with a cry. "who did this?"