{6}

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

six years had passed since the last time Eirene saw Rhaenyra and her family. she received ravens grasping letters from her sister, explaining her life, her newest children, the death of Laenor Valeryon and her marriage to Daemon. to all of which she sent similar ones of Aegon's marriage to Helaena, arguments or stupid things happening around the castle. as well as news on their fathers health: ever deteriorating. he had even begun to rot away whilst somehow remaining alive.

that was until Vaemond, Rhaenyra's ex-brother in law, was demanding his right to claim of Driftmark, wanting it stripped from Lucerys and handed to him. his reasoning being that Luke was a bastard with no right to heir. also hinting that his right to heir of the iron throne be taken alongside it as well.

due to her fathers drifting health, Alicent had taken his duty as ruler, and was making decisions for him as the ruler of the iron throne.

as the years went by, Alicent became crueller, Aegon and Eirene were abused further, and Aemond became an even bigger cunt. Helaena was a sweetheart though, never changing. hence her name, the dreamer.

Aegon became depressed, finding love from nobody but his sister. Eirene understood him mostly, he was victim to his father's ignorance and his mothers greed, a young man driven to becoming an attention seeking drunk. Eirene was lucky she didn't fall down the well he did, fucking his way through the kingdom and drinking himself stupid.

the only person he had by his side was Eirene. she stood beside him, she endured what he did, and at the end of the day, she was his twin. she cared for him. and he for her.

she had the love of her people, of her father. that made up for the lack from her mother. Aemond didn't care for anything, he was quiet but cocky, his status as the rider of the queen of dragons making him a dick rather than the polite, bullied boy he was before.

Eirene was tired of him.

even though she despised that her mother had married Aegon and Helaena together, she sometimes wished it had been her. not for any love she had for Aegon, because there was nothing but sibling affection from her side and his. it was just so that she could protect him from their mother and her anger.

Alicent's distaste for her eldest children stemmed from two different things. Aegon, he was a drunk, a fool, a whore of a man who looked too much like his father. she failed to realise Aegon was only the way he was because of her crappy parenting skills.

Eirene was a woman, the older child. if Rhaenyra never existed, Eirene would sit the iron throne, not Aegon. Viserys had said so himself. he believed that the oldest child should sit the throne, not the man, and Alicent believed very differently. she wanted to do whatever she could to make Aegon sit upon the throne.

many said Alicent was pouring her honey into Viserys' ear, making his decisions for him. trying to sway his mind. but really, all along, she was simply a messenger. a messenger from Otto Hightower, the power hungry man who wanted his bloodline on the throne and to do it his way.

he wanted a man on the throne, he believed Rhaenyra, a woman, was unfit. so he placed his first pawn into the game, his daughter, to become queen. his second pawn, have her birth a son, and fight for his place on the throne.

however, he was unlucky, for a girl was born first.

this girl was Eirene, a strong and level headed young woman with a passionate dragon and a kingdom who loved her, kissed at her feet, and prayed for her life to be long, healthy.