{2}

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

Eirene sat besides her father as he watched over her brother's and nephew's training. she had returned from her training after barely two hours, unfortunately, because her father wished for her to join him. after a quick bath to clear herself of the dragon scent, something she herself was unable to smell, she dressed in a green and black gown and headed down to see them.

her hair was curled like her mothers. something else she inherited from Alicent Hightower was her magnificent hair, thick and curled almost to perfection on its own.

she sat beside her father's chair, her hands placed in front of her and clasped together. her father's Hand, Lyonel, stood between the two of them, watching the fights stoically, unlike his king who watched with a smile on his old and ageing face.

"this is the stuff Lyonel!" Viserys laughed, patting the mans stomach for his attention. "lad's that learn together, train together, knock each other down, pick each other up, you would certainly form a life long bond, wouldn't you agree?"

"not if they're pitted against one another by some silly cunt." Eirene denied stiffly, staring down at Ser Criston Cole with a glare. he always had it out for Rhaenyra's children, being Alicent's guard most likely had something to do with it.

Eirene loved her mother dearly, but she was not a kind woman. she was sly, crude and only wished good upon herself, her husband and her children. that being said, she was always chatting the utter most shit upon Rhaenyra's name.

"language young Lady. i got you out of your mother's training today by bringing you here, don't think i won't send you back." Viserys light heartedly threatened. Eirene sent him a sarcastic look before looking down at the fight.

she watched as the four boys stopped their training, Luke and Jace stepping aside as her brother's fought against Cole. her brother's were failing miserably which brought a smile to her face at their demise. she loved her brothers, but watching them fail brought her the greatest joy.

she watched Aemond get his stomach hit lightly before Cole hit her twin across his backside. her smile, though, fell when she looked at the crest fallen faces of her nephews. so, she cleared her throat loudly, standing from her chair.

"excuse me!" Criston Cole looked up at her as she stood, her voice light and sweet as she rested her hands on the balcony. she often used this voice when she wanted something, or was speaking of importance. to keep her pretty princess privilege. if she were ever to be queen, although not likely now that Rhaenyra had children, she would throw the voice aside and use her own. "i'm so sorry to interrupt, but i think my dearest nephews could do with some training now, Ser Criston Cole! my brother's look quite....over worked if i do say so myself!"

her small joke brought chuckles from the men around her, making her push away her smirk. it wasn't hard for her to get reactions out of men when she used her princess demeanour, they would laugh at anything she said in hopes to impress the beautiful woman of such importance.

"you question my methods of training, my princess?" what she was not expecting, was for the knight to challenge her words. Viserys' smile fell as he heard his defiance and he leaned forwards in his chair, but ultimately was allowing the girl to deal with it on her own.

"oh, dear gods no!" she falsely smiled. "i am simply suggesting that you apply your methods of training onto all of your pupils, not just my pretentious brother, and Aemond!" another round of laughter. "will that be a problem?"

"no, my princess!" Criston Cole replied after a beat.

"an apology would be nice, Ser. i usually don't push myself to be this kind of person, but i think one is in order." she raised her brows at him. "you were quite disrespectful over a simple request. no harm was done. was it not?"