{7}

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

Eirene wandered through the grounds of the castle until she made her way outside. by the sounds of fighting, she walked down the steps to find her younger brother, Aemond, sparing with a young knight.

"princess." she turned and nodded politely to the man who bowed, ignoring his odd stare that lingered around her exposed collar bones and upper chest area. his eyes followed as she walked until he broke his look and turned back to the women besides him.

she walked past them and toward the spar, watching with squinted eyes as her brother and the knight went back and forth, swords clashing together until Aemond's sword touched his shoulder ending the battle. Aemond smirked proudly before his singular eye locked onto his sister. "princess." he bowed, tauntingly. she smiled sarcastically as he stood and clasped her hands together in front of her stomach. "would you like to try, sister?"

"oh, no thank you, little brother." she watched his smile falter before he shrugged. "why don't you go with Ser Criston? it's been a while since the two of you fought, i feel as though that could become quite the entertainment."

"as you wish, princess." Ser Criston Cole nodded, moving to grasp his chosen weapon.

"will you ever learn to fight, sister?" Aemond questioned, lingering besides her as they waited for Cole.

"i have my dragon, and i have my bow. a sword is not something i feel as though i will be needing." she shrugged, glancing in the direction of the dragon pit. she so desperately wanted to whisk Stormcutter away and go for a flight but she would not be able to.

"surely you should armour yourself with another weapon, princess?" Cole questioned, walking back over with his chosen weapon.

"as i said, Ser Criston, despite your prying ears, i will not be learning to fight with a sword. as you said all those years ago, i know no war, Ser. for i am a woman, and i shall never be involved in one." she sent him a sly look, one that made him gulp nervously before he and Aemond dismissed themselves to continue sparring.

Eirene watched the fight before becoming positively bored so she made her leave. turning, she exited the grounds and made her way up the stone steps, heading back inside the castle.

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

come the morning time, Eirene was getting dressed by Serena. the handmaiden had arrived with a dress from the queen herself, stating the queen wished for the princess to look her best for the meeting.

the dress was purely the richest shade of emerald green, the young woman's signature colour. oh how she hated it. the neck was low cut, allowing her collar bones and upper chest to be exposed, and was lined with the purest gold. the dress flowed like water, leaving a train behind her. the sleeves were long, growing out into a triangular cut once it hit her elbows, and flowing around her forearms like the rest of the gown.

it hugged her figure tight, stopping at her hips to flare around her and trail to the floor. around her hips was a soft golden belt that tied delicately before the excess fabric dangled in front of her.

her hair was pulled back simply, thin pieces of golden fabric woven through the curls in small accented plaits whilst the top of her hair was pulled up into a delicate braided bun. she had soft makeup done, something to lightly enhance her natural features before the handmaiden placed the princess' golden jewellery over her neck and rings upon her fingers.

once she was dressed, Roman accompanied the princess down to the great hall. she passed Rhaenyra's family, smiling eagerly at her nephews who seemed just as pleased to see her as she was to see them. her smile fell once Alicent grabbed her arm and pulled her eldest besides her twin, the queen and crown princess looking as if they were carbon copies of one another.