{10}

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

Eirene sat upon her saddle-less dragons back. her dress charred and ripped, her hair falling from it's elegant up-do. they flew meters behind and below Meleys who didn't bat an eye at their arrival.

as dragonstone fastly approached, Eirene felt herself begin to shake, fear creeping up at her sisters reaction to all that had occurred in the past 24 hours. but most of all, she worried for the baby. it was shock that caused her mother to go into labour when birthing Helaena.

she could barely imagine what would happen to Rhaenyra upon their arrival.

as they landed, Eirene could hear the calls and shrieks of Syrax, Arrax, Vermax and Caraxes as they sensed the riders arrival. she gently pat Stormcutter's scales as the young dragon cooed and pushed his head up against his rider. "go to them, i will call if i need you." she whispered in high Velaryon. the dragon cooed once before doing as told, his chains long gone to the sea as he flew towards the sound of his brothers. Meleys stayed put, opting to lay down on the grass and watch the sea.

Rhaenys and Eirene approached the castle grounds and spoke to the guards, demanding to speak with the princess on urgent matters.

the guards sent a messenger before bringing the princess' into the castle and heading towards wherever Rhaenyra was at that very moment.

the two women entered a medium sized hall, looking around slightly before spotting Daemon and Rhaenyra by the fire. "the princess' Rhaenys and Eirene Targaryen." the guard announced as Rhaenyra walked forwards, leaving Daemon by the fire as she smiled at her aunt and sister.

"thank you, Ser Laurence." Rhaenyra addressed the guard who bowed in response before stepping aside. "sister, whatever has happened to you?" Rhaenyra questioned once she was close enough to take in her appearance. Eirene hastily rushed towards her and hugged her tightly, being mindful of the bump of her sister's pregnant belly. "oh!" Rhaenyra muttered but didn't hesitate to hug the young woman close, shushing her as she breathed shakily onto her shoulder. "Rhaenys?" she looked to her aunt for questioning, still cradling the back of her sister's head.

"Viserys is dead." Rhaenys said, making Daemon perk up from the fire as Rhaenyra tensed, her face falling as she held Eirene tighter. "i grieve this loss with you, Rhaenyra. my cousin, your father, possessed a kind heart."

Daemon slowly walked over, his head hung low until it raised to meet Eirene's mourning eyes over his wife's shoulder.

"there's more." Eirene muttered, pulling back as she moved her eyes from Daemon to Rhaenyra. Rhaenyra, despite her own grief, looked at her with sympathy as she raised her hands to her sisters cheeks. "Aegon has been crowned as his successor." she spoke guiltily, her voice trembling.

Rhaenyra stared at her before flinching, her hands dropping onto her belly. Eirene lurched forwards, holding her carefully as she stared in fear at her sisters stomach.

"they crowned him?" her voice wavered, looking up from her sister with her eyes flooded with tears.

"how did Viserys die?" Daemon asked lowly, leaning on the table as he ignored his wife's pain. Eirene wanted to point it out as she glared at him, but held her tongue, knowing the last thing Rhaenyra needed was a fight between her sister and her husband.

"i could not say." Rhaenys shook her head.

"mother said he passed in his sleep, but she wouldn't tell me how." Eirene muttered, sniffling as Rhaenyra stumbled on her feet, a dazed look in her eyes.