{12}

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊

Eirene stood besides Daemon on the cause way. the taller Targaryen paced back and forth as they waited for Otto and the Hightower knights to approach. behind them waited the Blacks queens guard holding flags of the red Targaryen symbol.

Eirene could feel Stormcutter as he perched on the cliff side behind them, she could feel his vicious gaze as it burned over their heads and onto the hand of the green king. she could feel the anger they shared, the slight grumbles and growls of the beast as she seethed.

Eirene's eyes didn't stray from her grandfathers, even as his eyes trailed to the rogue prince. "i come to the behest of the Dowager Queen Alicent, mother of King Aegon, second of his name, Lord and protector of the seven kingdoms." Daemon and Eirene simply stared at him, bored of his chatter already. "i've been directed to deliver her message to only princess Rhaenyra. where is the princess?"

as if upon cue, a shrill screech echoed across the skies. all but the Blacks looked towards the sound as Syrax soared above the castle, her golden scales shining in the sunset. upon her saddle, sat the rightful queen, her face stoic and hard as stone. Syrax circled the bridge, searching for a place to land before opting on the space behind the Green knights.

Eirene could hear Stormcutter replying to her roars before the black dragon soared down and perched besides her. Caraxes whistled and chittered from higher up on the cliff but didn't come down.

Eirene stepped forwards as Rhaenyra passed through the men and stopped at the side of her Hand, Syrax still roaring and chuffing behind them, almost in warning. the golden beast had always been talkative anyways.

Rhaenyra eyed Otto blankly as he almost smiled at her in mockery. "princess Rhaenyra." he greeted as if she were a child.

"it's queen Rhaenyra now. and you all are traitors to the realm." Rhaenyra replied, her eyes not straying from Otto as he listened to her threat.

"King Aegon, second of his name, in his wisdom and desire of peace, is offering terms." Otto addressed the Queen. "acknowledge Aegon as King and swear obeisance before the iron throne. in exchange his grace will confirm your possession of Dragonstone. it will pass to your true born son, Jacaerys, upon your death. Lucerys will be confirmed as the legitimate heir to Driftmark and all the lands and holdings of House Velaryon. your sons by Prince Daemon will also be given places of high honour in the Kings court. your eldest, Aegon the younger as the kings squire, Viserys as his cup bearer. finally, the King in his good graces will pardon any knight or lord who conspired against his descent."

as Otto finished, Eirene felt a flash of anger rage through her.

the cunt.

"i would rather feed my sons to the dragons, than have them carry shields and cups, for your drunken usurper cunt of a king." Daemon sneered in disgust, his hands gripping the handle of Dark sister in threat.

"Aegon Targaryen sits on the iron throne. he wears the Conquerors Crown and wields the Conquerors sword, has the Conquerors name."

"Aegon couldn't lift a fucking stool if he tried, let alone a sword." Eirene dismissed, her hands clasped together tightly.

"he was anointed by a septon of the Faith before the eyes of thousands. every symbol of legitimacy belongs to him." Otto practically snapped.

"besides being named heir before the entirety of the kings court and lords and lady's of Westeros, even some from which lays beyond." Eirene snapped back. "your King is a fraud and a cunt and is no brother of mine."