Chapter 12

(Imagine they already found out that the Potters are alive)

Dumbledore was now angry and worried. They were putting Fudge on trial, meaning Fudge was definitely going to Azkaban. To stop from losing control over the ministry, he owled Barty Crouch Sr. to appoint his name for the next Minister. Dumbledore knew Lucius would also run for it, so he had to appoint someone from his order. Unknown to him, Barty Crouch Sr. was actually Dark. The next day, Dumbledore and Lily headed to the ministry for the trial. Everyone started filing in, one thing that shocked them which was Leah entered the room with an extremely handsome man and they sat far away from them. They sat with the Malfoys on their right, Notts on their left, Parkinson's behind them and Greengrass' in front of them. Amelia was leading the meeting. When everyone was in there, Amelia started the trial. 

(System only used for trials)

Am - Today, we all are here for the trial of Cornelius Fudge on the charges of breaking the law of statue of secrecy and trying to impress a muggle with magic, siding with Dumbledore in a private war between Dumbledore and the Dark Lord, without a reasonable reason and using his position to escape his punishment. Bring the accused in.

C.F - *dragged in and bound on a chair*

Am - Cornelius Fudge, you are being held on trial for the charges of breaking the law of statue of secrecy and trying to impress a muggle with magic, siding with Dumbledore in a private war between Dumbledore and the Dark Lord without a reasonable reason and using your position to escape your punishment. How do you plead?

C.F - Not guilty.

Am - Administer the Veritaserum.

Dumbles - Amelia I am sure it is not needed.

Am - *Ignoring* Administer the Veritaserum.

C.F - *eyes glazed*

Am - What is your name?

C.F - Cornelius Oswald Fudge

Am - What is your position in the Ministry?

C.F - Minister.

Am - It is working. Do you agree on breaking the law of the statue of secrecy and trying to impress a muggle with magic?

C.F - Yes.

Am - Do you agree on siding with Dumbledore in a private war between Dumbledore and the Dark Lord without a reasonable reason?

C.F - Yes.

Am - Do you agree on using your position to escape your punishment?

C.F - Yes.

Am - Wizengamot please decide where guilty or innocent.

After 5 minutes, the result came in. Cornelius Fudge was guilty. His wand was snapped, his core was bound and he was thrown in Azkaban with life imprisonment. Amelia announced, "Well, we have a position for Minister open, who would like to run for it?" "I'll give it a shot," Barty Crouch Sr. said. "I appoint Lucius Malfoy." A voice shouted. "I second that." Another voice shouted. "Ok again Wizengamot, please decide," Amelia said. Again the votes were the same, Lucius Malfoy had been announced the Minister. Everyone congratulated him. They all headed home. The next day, everyone in Wizengamot received a letter inviting them to a ball celebrating Lucius' promotion to Minister. This also meant Lily who had decided to bring Molly along with her. 

Soon, the time neared and everybody got ready for the ball. Leah was wearing a beautiful gown along with a nice pair of heels and Tom matching with her. They were going to introduce themselves as Marvolo Slytherin and Lyra Slytherin. 

Leah's dress

Leah's dress

Tom's suit

Both of them together looked powerful. They entered the ball with confidence rolling off them. People turned their necks just to stare at them as they walked into the room. Boys started drooling and girls started boiling with jealousy. But one quick glare from both parties shut them up. Tom and Leah walked to Lucius and Narcissa to congratulate them. "Congrats Lucy and Cissy," Leah said. Lucius groaned a little and said, "Must you use that name, my lady." "Yes, it is necessary, Lucy," Leah retorted with a small smirk on her face. "Darling, enough of teasing. Or I will be the one teasing you tonight~~" Tom whispered but it was loud enough for Leah and the Malfoy couple to hear it. Leah blushed a shade of pink while Lucius, Narcissa and Tom chuckled. 

Draco came over with his betrothed, Daphne Greengrass, Blaise followed behind with his betrothed, Pansy Parkinson and behind them was Theo with Astoria Greengrass, Daphne's sister. All of them looked equally powerful as their parents. They walked over to them. Leah, Daphne Pansy and Astoria greeted each other and left to talk among themselves, leaving their betrothed behind with the couple. Draco, Blaise and Theo excused themselves and moved away from them and Tom left to talk with other people at the ball. Soon Molly, Lily, JJ and Dumbledore walked in. People looked at them and went back to their conversations. JJ went to talk to Leah's group trying to win one of them in marriage. 

JJ said, "Hello there darlings." The group looked at him and went back to their conversation. JJ shouted a little, "Stop ignoring me." "I am sorry, but were you talking to us?" Daphne asked JJ. JJ had grown a little red from that embarrassment and said, "Yes, I was the one who was talking to you." "Well, how can we help you, heir..." Astoria trailed. "Evans. And you can help me by marrying me," JJ said. "I am sorry to inform you Heir Evans but all of us are betrothed and we would kindly decline your offer," Pansy said and all four flashed their betrothed ring. JJ was now a bit redder from anger and said, "Well one of you must marry me. I am sure you betrothed don't look as good and handsome as me." That's when the four betrothed entered the scene and JJ was now completely red from anger. Someone looked better than him was not possible and started throwing a tantrum. 

Lily and Molly were embarrassed. Dumbledore was a little disappointed and gave JJ a glare which shut him up. They scurried out of the party in embarrassment. Dumbledore stayed and walked over to the Royal Couple and introduced himself, "Hello there Lord and Lady..." "Slytherin, Professor Dumbledore," Tom replied. "Ahh, you know who I am." "Who doesn't? You are quite famous," Leah said trying to not gag. Dumbledore gave a small chuckle and said, "I have never seen you around here." "Yes, that's because we recently moved to Britain after finding out our true inheritances. I never knew my mother had Slytherin blood and we shifted here as soon we found out that the Slytherin lordship was mine," Tom said. Dumbledore gave a slight nod and left without a word. The party ended beautifully and everyone retired to their home. 

Leah and Tom were spending their last day with each other as Leah was leaving for Hogwarts the next day and Tom had to start creating laws for creatures and remove the ones put by Dumbledore.