Chapter 4 - The legend arrives

/Klaus Badelt - The medallion calls/

No one's POV:

...As the carriage was leaving and Asta headed back towards the city centre, an unknown ship appeared over the horizon. The wind blew heavily and from the top of the mast a figure stood looking towards the shore. As the wind blew him towards the shore, he smiled. Suddenly he heard a noise from bellow. He looked down and grinned. As he rappeled down the mast, the ship that seemed like a galleon from afar, turned out to be just an ordinary sloop, a sinking sloop. He walked around the ship looking for something. Finally he found a bucket and started bailing out water. Suddenly, he stopped. He stood up as he saw a number of wrecked ships on the nearby cliffs. He took his hat down and saluted to the fallen sailors. 

Meanwhile Sekke was walking down the old pier, complaining about his job assignment. When he noiticed everyone looking towards the sea. Suddenly a bucket floated past him. He looked towards the direction the bucket came from and saw a sight to behold. 

As the ship descended to the depths of the bay, her captain stood atop the mast. He extended his right leg and stepped on the pier just as his ship hit the seafloor.

Sekke was frozen in place. As the mysterious captain walked past him, the fear of his captain slicing him up for failing his duty overwhelmed him. He turned around and shouted:

"Hold up there you!" The mysterious sailor stopped dead in his tracks and turned towards the magic knight. It's a hundred jul to tie up your boat in the dock. The captain looked towards his ship with a "Are you serious?" face. Surprise, surprise it was still sunken.

"And I shall know your name bah-ha!" Sekke shouted with confidence. The captain reached for his pouch.

"How about 300 yul, and we forget the name" responded the shrewd captain. Sekke's eyes lit up.

"Welcome to the Clover kingdom Mr. Smith" said Sekke before turning and "tying " the boat. Before the captain left, he snached a pouch of coins laying nearby.

Meanwhile in the Old fort the event has begun, and Noelle was having a hard time breathing. Back in the city, the witty captain observes the shipyard from afar, taking notes of the ships docked there. While this is happening, Noelle asks her sister, about the participants of this event.

"Nozel hasn't told you Noelle?" Nebra seemed surprised "besides us, there are lot of noble families and a few Kira and Vermillion family members. Noelle's heart skipped a beat. She wanted to respond, but she didn't have the energy to do so. She just muttered: "Ok"

Meanwhile the captain was walking down the shipyards nearby dock as two magic knights stood in his way.

"This dock is off limits to civilians" said one of them. The captain smiled and gestured. 

"Im terribly sorry I didn't know, if I see one, I shall inform you imediately" he said trying to walk towards the ship. However the duo kept standing in his way. 

"Aparently there's some sort of high toned and fancy to do up at the fort, eh?" he said smiling.

"How could it be, that two upstanding knights such as yourselves, did not merit an invitation?" he continued as he made a confused face.

"Someone has to make sure sure this dock stays off limits to civilians" one of the knights replied.

The captain nodded as he said: "It's a fine goal to be sure, bit it seems to me that a-" he tried moving, while the knights blocked his path.

"-a ship like that" he said as he pointed at a large galleon in a distance "makes this one here a bit superfluous really" as he pointed at the nearby brigatine.