Chapter 8 - They're taking the Doughty

No one's POV:

"Ow, my head hurts" Asta thought to himself as he woke up. He looked around the room he found himself in. When he regained his senses he could hear Noelle and Mimosa arguing behing his door. He overheard something about some lap pillow, but it flew over his head. He opened the door to see what's going on. To his surprise Mimosa jumped on Asta hugging him. 

"You're okay Asta, thank god" she said as she hugged Asta tight. Noelle pouted and shoved Mimosa off Asta.

"Don't you think you're hugging him for way too long, you're royalty for god's sake" said Noelle.

Mimosa chuckled: "I'll leave you two then, bet you have a lot to talk about in private"

Noelle turned red and shouted: "Just leave already"

Asta was confused. He didn't uderstand what was happening infront of him. After Mimosa left, Noelle sat down on Asta's bed, red as a rose.

"It's not like I want you to-" Noelle said flustered, but interrupted her self, when Asta sat down beside her.

"Noelle, I need you to tell me-" Asta said, pausing to take a breath. Noelle was reaching critical tsundere levels. The saturation of her red face was cranked up to eleven. She looked like she was about to explode.

"What does he want from me, will he finally ask the question I-" Noelle thought to herself before Asta interrupted her thinking.: "-how did the yesterday battle end, did we win"

Noelle pouted a bit, then frowned.

"We can't call it a victory, since they retreated before our reinforcements arrived" Noelle said saddened. Asta lowered his head.

"Lot of people were injured or worse" she continued. Asta clutched his fists. Noelle looked at the boy.

"You did your best Asta, they said that when they found you, you had been protecting the civilians till the end" Noelle said trying to comfort Asta "You were bleeding from all over your body, you were beaten badly-" she tried to continue, but was interrupted by Asta punching the nearby wall.

"I could have done so much more, so much more" Asta practically shouted.

"I couldn't protect them Noelle" he countinued as he lowered his head. Noelle also lowered her head, as her last night was no different.

"We both suffered a great loss yesterday, but we have to keep moving" Noelle said after a while. "But we have to keep moving, so sacrifices of the people like my sister don't go in vain" she continued. Asta's eyes lit up.

"Your sister Noelle, she's in danger" Asta shouted. Noelle looked down.

"Asta, Nebra sacrificed herself, so I could escape, I don't know what you-" Noelle said, interrupted by Asta's quick follow up "I saw her getting dragged on board the ship from yesterday, she must be okay" Hope returned to Noelle's   eyes. 

"She's alive, thank god" Noelle sighed in relief "C'mon Asta, we must tell Nozel" she continued as they went running towards the old fort. When they arrived, they saw Nozel, Dorothy and Damnatio Kira sitting down in the emergency headquaters. Asta flinched a bit, when he saw Damnatio. Noelle however was confident in herself. 

"Nozel, Nebra is alive" she shouted. Nozel and the others turned towards Noelle with differing expressions.

"That's good to hear Noelle, but I have a kind of a crisis on my hands right now, it needs to wait" Nozel responded.

"Sorry darling, but even though she's your sister, she's a magic knight, and rescue priority sees citizens first, magic knights second" Dorothy followed. Noelle couldn't believe what she heard.