Chapter 7 - The Pearl attacks

No one's POV:

Loud explosions were heard from all across the city. Citizens screamed as the unknown ship barraged the city with cannon fire. Pieces of buildings flew everywhere, causing many injuries to the panicking citizens below. The magic knights were on alert, back at the fort. Suddenly a cannonball flew to the courtyard, blowing up the gallows. People disorganized, running everywhere, it was a nightmare for the magic knights. And if it weren't bad enough, longboats were spotted rowing towards the shore. Suddenly men climed out of their boats, drawing their weapons. They yelled their battlecries, and stormed into the city. The disorganized knights had their hands full with the citizens already, but now things were impossibly hard for them. At first, they thought since the attackers didn't seem to use magic, that they would be able to repel the attack easily. However, they found out rather quickly, that the attackers seemed to be resistant to all magic attacks. No matter how powerful the spell was, the attackers just shrugged it off. This wasn't going to be an easy battle. Back at the fort, Nozel managed to organise the little magic knights he could rally up.

"Aim at the muzzle flashes" he shouted, while covering himself from the incoming fire. Suddenly he saw Dorothy helping the injured. He blushed. He couldn't excatly send her to barricade herself, could he now? "She's a captain afterall" he thought to himself. Still, he couldn't help worrying about her.

Down in the streets, the chaos is worse by second. Many magic knights are injured or have fallen already. Suddenly, one of the attackers pulls out strange ball like objects from his belt and throws them through the tavern's windows. With a snap of his fingers, the objects explode, demolishing the tavern. The bomberman laughs madly and then proceeds to run after a frightened woman. Meanwhile Asta is the last to leave the tavern, when it suddenly explodes, ejecting him through a window. With a few glass shards, still stuck in his skin, he groans. Before he could start to remove the shards, he sees a frightened woman being pursued by a strange man. Without hesitation, Asta pulls out his demon slayer sword and throws it at the man, piercing him through the chest. As the man falls to the ground, Asta runs up to him, pulling out his sword, getting back into action.

Noelle runs out to her window, and sees the destruction of Raque unfold. Suddenly, she spots few intruders, making their way through the gates of the residence. Still only in her sleeping attire, she runs down to the meeting hall. Loud banging is heard from the door. When one of the Silva servants goes to open the door Noelle shouts: "DON'T" However it was too late.

When the door opened, one of the intruders said: "Hello there chum" and shot the guy. Noelle shrieks as she saw the man hit the floor. Multiple servants and guards assembled to stop the intruders. Meanwhile Nebra came down to see what is going on.

"Kill them" one of the guards shouted, as they bombarded the pirates with many powerful spells. As the dust started to settle, the guards began celebrating. Their celebration was cut short however, because the intruders just stood there. One of them just brushed some dust from his shoulder with smug face. The massacre has begun. Seeing the fate of her servants, Nebra acted quickly. She grabbed the still frozen Noelle by her hand and dragged her into the much more fortified part of the residence.
"I must fight" Noelle suddenly shouted. Nebra slapped her.

"Using magic won't do us any good Noelle" Nebra shouted.

"But I trained for 4 months in the Heart kingdom, I-" said Noelle, before she was cut off.

"It doesn't matter Noelle, something's not right, we have to figure this one out" Nebra said.

Before they could argue any further, the handle of the door they were hiding behind began shaking violently. Nebra thought quickly.

"Hide here, I'll draw their attention, and once I am clear, we'll escape to the fort" Nebra said.

As the lock broke, Nebra ran into the kitchen, followed by two of the insurgents. When she got behind the door she grabbed onto a Papin's pot. She swung back at the door, hitting one of the attackers, knocking him unconscious. "Not that resistant to physical damage" she thought to herself.  As she went for an another swing, the other attacker caught it by the handle.