Chapter 10 - Dinner with Barbossa

3rd person POV:

With the full moon overlooking the sea, the Pearl sailed towards her destination. Nebra was looking out the window concerned. Suddenly, she heard someone walking up to her. She turned to see Pintel and Ragetti standing behind her.

"You'll be dining with the captain" Pintel said as handed her a dress "He requests you wear this" he continued.

"Well, you may tell the captain that I am disinclined to acquiesce to his request" Nebra shot back with a smirk.

"He said you'd say that" Pintel said and Ragetti chuckled.

"He also said that if that'd be the case, you'll be dinning with the crew, and you'll be naked" Pintel finished and Ragetti laughed with a creepy smile. Nebra was horrified for a second, but quickly regained her composure as she snatched the dress from Pintel.

"Fine" Pintel said angrily. When Noelle walked into the captain's cabin, she was pleasantly surprised. The cabin was very well set up. It almost felt like she was back home. When she sat down, multiple pirates brought different meals. Nebra couldn't help but notice the way dinner was served. It almost seemed like someone onboard was from a royal family or very closely associated with them. Before she could go too deep into her thoughts, Barbossa sat down opposite of her. He closely examined Nebra. With a sway of the ship he passed her a dinner plate.

"Come on, don't be shy, you must be hungry" he said.

"Nice of you to notice" Nebra shot back as she picked her cutlery. Barbossa laughed and poured her some wine.

"Try the wine" he said as he sent her the glass with an another sway of the ship. Nebra examined the drink.

"Doesn't seem to be poisoned" she thought to herself and took a sip. "Tastes allright" she finished. Barbossa chuckled.

"And how about an apple, would you like some" he said as he offered her an apple.

Nebra paused. "Yeah an apple out of nowhere, doesn't seem fishy at all" she thought to herself. 

"It's poisoned" she said. Barbossa laughed.

"There would be no sense in killing you miss Silva" Barbossa responded.

"Then release me, you have the trinket, I'm of no further value to you" Nebra pleaded.

"You don't know what this is, do ye" Barbossa asked as he pulled out the medallion.

"A totally useless medallion" Nebra answered annoyed.

"This is ancient elven gold" Barbossa answered.

"Elven?" Nebra asked.

"Have you ever heard the legends of the Ancient elven sailors" Barbossa asked.

"I've heard a lot of tall tales captain Barbossa, but I no longer believe in these kinds of stories" Nebra said with a prideful smirk. Barbossa laughed.

"Aye, why would you, you are an adult afterall miss Silva, there are no tall tales or ghost stories that could ever be true" Barbossa spoke "There's no Flying Dutchman, there's no cursed Elven gold and there's definetely no Black Pearl" Barbossa continued with a smirk.

"What are you getting at captain Barbossa" Nebra worryingly asked.

"Elven gold, one of six hundred sixty six pieces delivered to a mysterious attacker. Blood money paid to stem the slaughter he wreaked upon them with his immense power. But the bloodlust of the attacker could not be queled. So as punishment the elves summoned a devil, who placed upon the gold a terrible curse. Any mortal that removes but a single piece from that stone chest shall be punished for eternity. Now that's a tall tale, miss Silva." Barbossa said.