Chapter 16 - The walk

"Gents... Take a walk!" Barbossa commanded, making the crew laugh.

"Not to the boats?" Jack asked, a bit confused. Barbossa just gave him a stoic look. As the crew were making their way towards their destination, Pintel and Ragetti were stopped by Bo'sun, who seemed to be up to something. As the clouds dispersed moonlight covered the island. The rays of reflected sunlight pierced the water. It was almost beautiful. Out of nowhere, a school of fish got scared by something. That something turned out to be an undead skeleton crew, marching towards the Doughty. When the shadow of the Doughty covered them, they reverted back to being "human". Yet, when they re-emerged, their bodies turned to their horrific true form. Nozel was still sitting on the rowboat patiently, when he suddenly noticed something. A singular rowboat with ladies in dresses? Something was a miss here. The crew readied their muskets, some even pulled out their grimoires, but were suprisingly stopped by Nozel.

"Hold your fire." He said calmly as he tried to make sense of this situation. The two "ladies" turned out to be our favourite duo, Pintel and Ragetti involutairly crossdressing. Ragetti giggled a bit.

"This is just like, you know what I mean Pintel. The trap with the wooden statue. Except well, they had a statue and we have dresses." Ragetti said making Pintel shake his head. The crew of the Black Pearl made their way to the anchor ropes. Slowly but steadily climbing up one by one. Meanwhile on the Doughty, Dorothy shouted:

"CHECKMATE!"

"Miss Dorothy, you're way too good at this" Solid sighed.

"If you want to I can give you free lessons, you just have to ask your big sis" Dorothy giggled.

"Shut up, you're going down! I want a rematch" Solid shouted. Nebra wasn't interested in the game anymore. She had seen Dorothy wipe the floor with Solid plenty today. She looked around and suddenly went pale.

"Uhm, guys. Weren't we supposed to keep an eye on the boy?" Nebra said nervously. Meanwhile the crew of the Pearl peaked their heads under the railing and observed the situation. Out of the blue one soldier spoke.

"Sir!" the man shouted, making the magic knight direct his attention to the Trojan rowboat, coming from the fog. The crew knew, this was the time to strike. One by one they climbed aboard and began executing the crew.

Back at the Captain's cabin

"Yeah, we were, and I would say we've done a hell of a job" Solid commented, while he moved his queen.

"Well I disagree with you brother" Nebra shot back.

"And why is that sis" Solid said turning back to the board, noticing that Dorothy moved into her endgame.

"Because he's gone." Nebra shouted nervously. This attracted the attention of everyone. First they scanned the location where the body was supposed to be. Then they saw the open balcony door. They put one and one togethere and voila! Asta had disappeared. Few dozen meters away, Asta was slowly cruising the skies on his Demon slayer sword. He was literally learning the ropes on the fly. 

"Got to keep it steady" he said to himself as he drawn ever closer to the anchored Pearl.

The silent killing on the Doughty was nearing it's end. It would be a perfect stealth clearing. When suddenly.

"Wooohooooo" Ragetti made a fool of himself.

"Stop that! I alread feel like a fool." Pintel scolded his co-crossdresser.

"You look nice, though" Ragetti replied. Pintel chuckled, then decided that enough is enough.

"I look nice?!" He shouted as he threw away his umbrella and proceeded to strangle Ragetti, unintentionally revealing their cursed bodies. When they realized it was far too late. The soldiers on the quarterdeck noticed. With no hesitation Pintel shot his flintlock, shooting the hat of the comannding officer off. When it fell behind him, it revealed the cursed crew sneaking up behind the remaining crewmates. The battle was on. When Nebra, Solid and Dorothy tried running out, they stopped dead in their tracks, when they saw the chaos unfolding on deck. Instincively, Nebra shutted the door hard, almost compromising their presence. The men in the cavern had no idea of the chaos unfolding outside. Jack was just looking around, examining the best loot he found. Barbossa stared at him for a while and wondered.

"I must admit Jack, I thought I had you figured but it turns out you're a hard man to predict." Barbossa said calmly.

"Me? I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can trust to be dishonest." Jack said as he threw away the statue he was examining.

"Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're about to do something incredibly..." he said as he leaned towards one of the crewmates. "...stupid" Jack finished as he shot a quick glance at Noelle.

/Klaus Badelt - Moonlight Seranade 1:30-2:09/

With a swift sleight of hand Jack took the crewate's cutlass and threw it at Noelle. By either a sheer miracle or a very skilled swordsmanship, the blade untied Noelle midair and landed inches ahead of her. Barbossa was quick to react and had drawn his cutlass. Jack did the same. The duel had begun. Jack and Barbossa exchanged blows, parrying like the skilled swordsmen they are. Noelle drawn her grimoire and activated her Valkyrie dress. She then picked up the cutlass and the dual wielding technique was born. She parried the lunges easily, and even punched a guy just for getting cocky. Meanwhile Jack swung his cutlass high, detaching the feather from Barbossa's hat permanently. This pissed Barbossa off and he filled his swings with hatred, making them harder for Jack to parry. Noelle meanwhile was fighting three on one. She kicked one guy into the moonlight and went on her way to parry the hits from the other two. When she turned around she saw the guy going all skellington on her. She didn't flinch and with a swift parry gave the guy an another uppercut. Jack and Barbossa continued duking it out, when Barbossa caught the handle of Jack's cutlass, forcing him to get close.

"You're off the edge of the mape, mate" he shouted.

"HERE THERE BE MONSTERS!"

And that's it for today's chapter. I'm glad I got this one out on time. Sadly, there will be no chapters at least for a week and a half. I am going to be revising three years worth of spanish and I need some dedicated time to do so. The next chapters are going to be way shorter than usual, because of mostly pacing reasons. The way I see it, there will be four more chapters, until we finish the first "book" and after that, this series is going on a break. Not to fret fellow readers! Starting right after this "book's" finish, there will be my next book, title drop coming next chapter. I still yet have to fully decide on the direction of the book, but the story is ready, only thing remaining is to flesh out some details. I had an idea of doing it in the style of the old Forsyte saga, but the idea got scrapped, due to obvious reasons. And if you're asking the question of this series continuation, I have great news for you. The basic story draft for Dead men's chest is already done and this time, we'll be leaning way further from the source material. Anyway, see ya next time sailors!