016 | hug and make up

there's something so beautiful
about the fire roaring within her veins

there's something so beautifulabout the fire roaring within her veins

FLASHES OF GREEN resounded across the room. An emerald-eyed girl laid on her back, sprawled out on her twin-sized bed, arms rising above her head and fingers twirling the strings of energy-made wisps, illuminating the dark room. Nicotine flowed through her veins, numbing her body, pushing away the nightmares threatening to dig their claws into her brain.

The stars peered through the window, crooning a mournful symphony.

Objects floated through the air, encompassed in a sage mist. Darkness seeped into every corner of the room, stalking to the figure on the bed silently, a predator ready to attack and feast on its prey. Ivette wasn't scared of the dark. She never had been. She welcomed it like an old companion, succumbing into its intoxicating embrace. Images, memories that were not hers, plagued her mind with nightmares, and sleep never beckoned her. She laid still and awake, eyes following the luminescent tendrils produced from psionic energy.

A soft, daunting melody flowed through her ears; headphones nestled comfortably in her ears. She brought her vape to her lips and took a deep breath, holding the vapour in her mouth before sucking it in, revelling in the slight burn in the back of her throat. Whether it was supposed to be there or not, Ivette didn't know she didn't care. It helped push away her troubles, and that was all she could ask for. All she wanted.

Sometimes they soared over her, prepared to crash like a tsunami among an unsuspecting city. Vicious collective waves were ready to destroy buildings and capture humans, devour them whole, choke, asphyxiate, suffocate them to death. Give them an untimely demise and welcome them as the new children of the sea.

A flash of emerald appeared in her head. A soothing comfort soon followed.

There was only one person who could help her.

And she needed him. Now.

Rolling off and out of her bed, Ivette grabbed her socks and shoes, slipping them on. She didn't bother to change. It was only Bakugo's house, after all. Putting her vape back in its secret compartment, lest her twin or mother find it and throw it out, Ivette left her room and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" she heard her brother ask, his head poking out from around the corner. Izuku and Inko were standing in the kitchen, preparing a simple meal for breakfast.

"Bakugo's house," Ivette replied, raising her hand and waving a slight goodbye. She pushed down on the door handle and swung the door open, stepping out and closing it behind her. She walked over to her soulmate's house, and since they lived in the same neighbourhood, it didn't take her long to reach her destination.

She knocked on the door, knuckles gently rapping against the wood. Mitsuki was there to greet her, eyes widening in surprise. "Oh, Ivette! Come in, come in," she ushered, stepping to the side and welcoming the greenette inside. "Katsuki is in his room."