019 | shut up, bruno

good girl? don't insult her like that.

TWILIGHT BECKONED THE CITY, the soothing night washing away the tears of corruption and chaos

TWILIGHT BECKONED THE CITY, the soothing night washing away the tears of corruption and chaos. Fire trucks raced all over the place, rushing to extinguish the raging flames tearing into buildings, racing to rescue the poor civilians trapped underneath the rubble. Professional heroes clocked in, using their quirks to salvage what could be restored.

The hero of the day, however, was tossing and turning on the hospital bed she occupied. The words of the Hero Killer rang in her mind, an echo reverberating off the walls of her skull.

Ivette hated to admit it, but his words resonated with her. She understood where his opinion stemmed from, acknowledge that his ideals spoke extensive lengths of truth. This heroic society they lived in was corrupt, classifying and discriminating people based on their quirks, supporting vast amounts of hero schools for their own selfish gain, exploiting the economy with their status, depending too much on a symbol who shone too bright, who was just another human being at the end of the day.

Ivette knew that, one day, when All Might came tumbling down to knees, his vulnerabilities revealed, and his life as a hero expiring, the world would fall into chaos. She rolled onto her side, gazing out the window. She knew that, because of All Might's presence, heroes began to laze around, taking things less seriously than they should have. Crime would skyrocket the moment he resigned, and society would scramble to find a new symbol to rely on, to pin all their hopes on.

But one person will never be enough.

Humans are made to be ruled, she thought, eyeing the argent moon. They need someone to look after them, a faith to pour their mistakes into, someone else to blame. Humans are pathetic creatures, finding everyone but themselves at fault. Such pitiful things.

"̶̧̢͎͎̦͈̬͙̝̗̹̲̻̯͙̣͓̣͚̬̘̣̓̎̔̇̂͊̑͋̄̚Ÿ̶͔̞̰̙̬͉́͑͋͌͛̾͋̀̈̄́̊̋̚͜͠ǫ̶̡̡̡̦̲̦̬̩͇͈̼̮̙̜͇̤̘̠̖̮͆̑̈́̾̈́̒̆͂́͌͆̈̈́͗͗̔̒̉́̌̉͠͝͠͠͝ǘ̷̧͉͓̣͔͍̥̒̊͛͆͛̅̂́̽̂̀͑̃̍̈́̒̓̀͗̾̕̕͘͠͝͝ ̶̞͙̳̘̬̌͐̂ͅh̴̢̡͍̙̺̩̱͙̼̟̬̃͌͋̈́͆̄̏̈́́̊̐́̈́͒͝a̶̛̬̣̜̓́̿̎́͊̽̇̏̃͂͊͗́̉̆̑̈́͌͑́̐͠͠͝t̴̢̡̛̥̾̾͒̈́̐̈́́̓̄̆̾͊̒̇́̐̚̕̕͝ͅẹ̵̢̳̰̭͉͓̥͛̈́ͅ ̶̘̺͉̟͓̞͇̺̻͈̹̝̖̐́͋̉̋͑̃̽t̴̯̻̪̳̦̝͕͝ͅh̴̤̾͌̂͋̾͋͊̊̈́̀̃̎̅̊́̕̚͠͝͝ë̶̞̗̗́̃̎͋̽̓m̸̡̡̢̛̜̩͎̳͇̭̻͙̹̲̞͌̀̃̓̽͋̄͑̊͝͝ͅ.̴̨͈̲̱̮̈́͆̎̀̉̈̇͌̀͋͑̓̾́́̐̈́͆̍̿̓̈̏̕͠͠͠"̴̢̛̠̱͚̠̞̟̘̜̲̝̖̬̼͇̳͓͔̙̩́̈́͂̉̔̆͗͜

I hate th

Ivette frowned. I don't. I want to help them.

No response. Again, Ivette should have expected that from the voice she dubbed as Bruno. Was it because her creator's favourite person called the voice that in an earlier chapter? Who knows?