021 | the devil in disguise

death follows her like a shadow

WARMTH. PURE, FOND WARMTH. That was what Ivette Midoriya woke up to that lovely day. Green-coloured eyes fluttered open, a tuff of spikey blond hair brushing against her skin. She scrunched her nose at the tickling sensation. Bakugo's arms tightened around his soulmate, his head buried into the soft valleys of her chest.

"Katsuki," Ivette called gently.

He grunted, but gave no other reply.

Ivette sighed softly. She reached up and threaded her fingers through his hair, gently scratching the base of his neckjust where she knew he liked it. Bakugo sighed softly, content. His muscles loosened, and his soul relaxed. With his soulmate near him, safe and sound, the lingering tension dissipated.

"When did you come?" she asked.

"Two hours ago," he answered. "Your Mom let me in."

Ivette hummed, quiet and low. She felt Bakugo shuffle closer, squeezing her to his chest. She allowed the action. She slotted his legs between hers, throwing one over his and drawing him closer. If it had been any other person, if it had been Kirishima or Todoroki, then something sexual was bound to occur with the suggestive actions well, considering how cute and gentlemen-like those two were, I doubt anything would have happened. Maybe with Kirishima. Certainly not with the traumatised, scar-faced child with mommy AND daddy issues.

Sucks to suck, I guess.

...I think y'all know what my reply is.

Moving on! Bakugo nuzzled his face into the crook of Ivette's neck, golden streams of sunlight pouring in through the half-opened window. The afternoon breeze flittered inside, gently urging the new beige-coloured curtains to dance with them in the amber hue.

"How long was I asleep for?"

Bakugo shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. You were asleep when I arrived."

"And were you just watching me?"

The tips of his ears reddened.

He didn't answer.

( okay, edward cullen )

Ivette laughed faintly. She curled her fingers into Katsuki's blond hair, holding back her snickers at its tamed style. It seemed Bakugo's hero internship was more of a training on his manners and looks rather than his abilities. No doubt the blond was pissed.

And Ivette knew better than to poke the lion when he was aggravated. So, instead, she urged him closer and inhaled his sweet scent of smoked caramel, tension fading, her muscles relaxing as she finally found peace.

In the arms of her soulmate.

In the place she called home.

"I was worried about you," came a weak, uttered whisper. Ivette held onto him tighter.