007 | anomalies are dangerous

if life is a movie, you're the best part

IT WAS HALF-PAST FIVE in the morning, and there was nothing worse than waking up before the sun

IT WAS HALF-PAST FIVE in the morning, and there was nothing worse than waking up before the sun. The world was shrouded in the deepest hush of predawn stillness, like a heavy blanket draped over the earth. Only a slight breeze stirred through the trees, bringing the smell of dewy condensation into the air.

"This is a cosmic betrayal," Ivette grumbled, dressed in her P.E. uniform. She pulled at the collar of her blue shirt and was debating whether she should ditch and just head back to bed. Aizawa would beat her ass, no doubt, and drag her back out, but then she'd get a few more minutes of sleep, and that would be worth it.

"Come on, babe!" Kirishima's hands landed on her shoulder, steering Ivette out the door and into their training area, where the others had already gathered. "It's the first day of our summer camp! We can't miss this." Kirishima gave her a goofy smile as he peered at her.

She shrugged Kirishima's hands off her, turning to face him. Ivette almost groaned when he stared at her with bright, glimmering eyes.

"How do you have so much energy already? We woke up at the same time, and I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep any second."

"Just gotta embrace the day, you know? Plus, training's always more fun with high spirits!" Kirishima declared, his upbeat attitude unwavering. Ivette couldn't tell if he was being serious or not— that's a lie, she could tell. He was being serious, and that made her want to punch him in the face for some reason. But she couldn't bring herself to do it, not when her soulmate looked so beautiful when he was beaming, all sunshine and teeth.

Ivette rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right. He's planning on killing all of us."

Aizawa was staring at them with his usual monotone, blank face, but Ivette could hear the thoughts storming through his head. He was going to push them to their maximum, force them to work their quirks until they either threw up or passed out from overexertion.

"̷͍͑W̴̳̚h̷͎͒a̴͕̒ẗ̵̯́é̷̼v̸̜́e̶̝͆r̵͓͛ ̵̤͝h̶͈̒e̷̻͆ ̵͔́h̸̘̕ǎ̵̗s̷̠̋ ̶̨̈́p̴͎̓l̷̤̾a̷̢̐n̸̗͋n̷̗̅é̷̝d̸̛̰ ̷̮͛b̸̼̑ḙ̴̓t̸̥̀t̸͍̾e̷̖̓r̴͚͒ ̶̧͆b̷͕̾ẹ̵̉ ̴̙́w̷̨͂ó̴̲r̶̨͠t̸͔͠h̶͗ͅ ̵̜͂g̸͕͐e̶͚͠ẗ̴̟t̵͚͒î̵͎n̷̼̊ģ̶͗ ̷͇͂u̴͚͠ṕ̷̰ ̴̨̀á̵͔t̵̝͑ ̵̘̅t̷̯͑h̶͓̔i̷̠͐s̸̨̐ ̴͍͗t̶̥̾i̶̮͆m̷̛̱ë̷́͜.̸̥͝"

Tell me about it, Ivette thought. It's bad enough we have to be here in the middle of nowhere, but waking up at five in the morning?

"̶͇̫̄I̸̘͐̌t̶͇̗͗̎'̵̧̀̎s̴͓͔̔̈́ ̴̘̖́p̵̖̼̈́̈́ü̷͎r̸̙͝͝e̸̼͋ ̵̓ͅt̴̝́̍o̵̻̖̊̏ŗ̵̣͋t̶̿̿ͅu̸͙̞̍ŕ̷͍͉͆e̴͍͋͘.̴̞̻͌"̴̲͆