Chapter 21: Shocker

Chapter 21: Shocker..

Raheem laid down on his mom's couch. He contemplated on informing her on who shot his dad, or handling the situation himself. He had never killed anyone, but he had the mindset of doing so at the moment. He wanted them to hurt like his dad.

"What should I do dad? Turn them in? That's snitching, but you would've told, you wouldn't harm nobody." Raheem glanced up.

He checked his phone, he had to pick Kai up from being released at one o'clock. He would also have to grocery shop with her because the doctor said Kai had to eat healthy more often excluding lots of greased foods. Raheem listened intently when the doctor explained, he'd make sure Kai never picked up an unhealthy food until after she had her baby. Her graduation was on the way also, two more weeks and he couldn't wait.

"Why you feet up on my couch?" His mom asked him. "And what happened to the boy?"

The minute the boy had been shot, she helped him. She couldn't be there for her husband, so she tried to help everyone else. Raheem laughed and slid his feet down.

"He's good, I got some to let you know though." He told her.

He needed and wanted to let her know. He was scared, but that wasn't something that you're supposed to hide. Plus he wanted his mom and Kai to have a nice mother-daughter relationship.

"I'm listening." She sat down on the couch.

Raheem sighed. He placed his head inside his hands. He wondered how she'd react about the situation. He wondered what his dad was thinking right now, probably mad and happy at the same time. His mom had never been a fan of teenage pregnancy though.

"Kai's pregnant and it's mine." He blurted.

Nancy laughed, mad was an understatement. She thought he had whole life ahead of him and a child would slow him down, but she supported him. She perched up her lips, and ran her hands through her hair.

"Raheem, I need to meet this girl some more. I would love to have a relationship or some type of bond with her. Are you and her even together? I'm not proud either." She said.

Raheem shook his head, yes. He looked up to God and thanked him, his mom didn't do too much. He thought she'd grown a lot. One less thing to worry about, had thousands of more problems though. He looked at his phone and seen he had a while before he got Kai, he decided on bringing her later on or tomorrow.

"Okay, keep her. I haven't known her for long, but I like her. She's a good girl." His mom asked. "Where's Nell been at?" She asked, referring to Cornell.

"Jail." He replied, dryly.

His mom gasped. She got up, shook her head and left the room. She hated his behavior and how he remained in trouble. He couldn't stay from jail, he was there every month.

"I think he has a boyfriend or something in there." She yelled.

Raheem laughed, got up and told her he'd be back. He locked her door and headed to his car, his Audi. He started up his car, turned up some music and headed down the street. He had some runs to make.

$

"There goes my baby, ooh girl." Diamond sung.

You don't know how good it feels to call you my girl.

Diamond pranced around the room, cleaning up. Her hair was pinned up, and she had on pajamas. She picked up Mia's kid's toys and placed them in their bin Trel had bought them. She couldn't understand why he had been growing close to them, she hated them because of their behavior and how Mia let them run over her.