Chapter 9: Suprises

Chapter 9: Suprises

Raheem could smell food and his eyes opened. He glanced at the time on the clock that was on his nightstand which read 10:23. He yawned and sat up. He reached for his phone and when he opened it up, there were only three texts, two from Cornell and one from his mom.

Cornell: We got a move.

Cornell: Hml round three.

Mom: I love the gifts, I love you. Thanks, stop by soon.

Raheem texted them back and then got up out the bed. He could hear the food calling his name. He went inside his bathroom, he used the bathroom then put his toothbrush to use, he couldn't and wouldn't have morning breath around a bad ass female. He wiped his face and put on some sweat pants and house shoes before leaving out his room. He peeped inside of the room Kai slept in and like he thought, she wasn't in there but he did notice her clothes folded up and the bed made up, he wondered what she had on.

He made his way down the steps. He entered the kitchen and glanced over Kai. She had on one of his shirts and a pair of his gym shorts. Raheem tried to hold in his laugh but he couldn't, the clothes barely fit her. She jumped and turned around with a scowl. He noticed her make-up was removed and she had pinned her hair up which he thought made her look innocent and adorable.

"You're scaring people now?" She said, turning around to flip the pancake.

"Didn't mean to scare you m'am, goodmorning to you too though." He replied.

"Oops, Goodmorning." She said. "Hope you don't mind but I found these clothes and I used a new toothbrush and face towel that I had found in your hall closet."

He waved his hand, dismissing her. He picked up a piece of bacon that laid on a paper plate and popped it inside of his mouth. Another cool point for Kai, he loved her bacon more than his mother's already. He nodded his head and gave her a thumbs up, because he could see her watching him from the corner of his eye. He thought she was just watching him taste her food but she was watching those abs that God has blessed him. She wanted to curse him for coming around her shirtless but then again, she was only company.

"Your bacon is good as hell. Pancakes and bacon Huh? As long as I get a plate, I'm good." Raheem laughed but he was serious.

She squirmed around because her panties had soaked then she begin making Raheem's plate. Once she was done, she slid the plate in front of him. He was about to dig in until Kai stopped him, throwing the top from the apple juice at him. He laughed and looked up, waiting for her to explain why she did that.

"Wash them hands baby boy." She said.

Her grandmother had told her multiple times when she was younger that you should always wash your hands when you're about to eat and when you're preparing a meal, sometimes she would forget but she remembered this time.

"Alright mama." Raheem dried his hands on a paper towel.

She watched him demolish the food. She didn't have the appetite so she had cooked enough for one. He washed his food down with Apple juice and dabbed at his mouth with a napkin. The food she made complimented his stomach good because he didn't hear the growling nomore.

"Thanks, shit hit the spot." He laughed.

She laughed along with him and watched him as he moved towards the sink, dropping his dishes in there and about to begin washing them. She bumped his out the way and tried to wash them.

"What are you doing? I cooked, I'll wash them." Kai said.

He got the dish rag from her and put his hands down in the water, washing the spoons. He didn't want her doing too much, she had took her time to prepare him a precious meal and he wanted to something atleast so he washed the dishes. He had no problem washing them either, he is the only child so he was used to cleaning with no help but his mom's since his father would be working.