Chapter 14: Hospital Drama

Raheem had used up his gas speeding to Southern Regional. He was gone the whole way there, he was zoned out. He had replied to Kai when she asked was he alright, but that's all. He dreaded entering the hospital, because he hated them. The last time he'd even been inside one was when his father died and just his luck, that was the same hospital.

He parked his car and got out. Kai was on his trail as usual. She should've been home, her dad would be knock her ass clean out if he found out she was with 'dangerous' Raheem. He had a name around the town now, and Kai was more than sure her dad had heard about him. She could careless though, she was a grown woman because she had turned eighteen, and in month she'd been out his hair and on her own.

They entered the hospital and when they reached the desk, Raheem almost squeezed Kai's hand off. He hated hospitals and he was having so many flashbacks, some when he had broke his ankle in football and when he had passed out because the doctors had really confirmed his father was dead. He had many bad memories that he would rather forget about.

"How may I help you?" The woman behind the counter asked.

She had blonde hair and her eyes were brown, dark. Her boobs sat up on the table indicating they'd sag as soon as she stood up. She had on a strong perfume that had Raheem about to pass out.

"Cornell Robinson, he'd been shot and I'm coming for some information him." Raheem said.

"No information on him right now, you can go gather with the rest of his family over there." She pointed to the other side of the hospital.

Raheem looked and there was Cornell's dad, Trel, and some more workers then there was.. Diamond. Kai locked eyes with her and Diamond looked away. Kai would've been made her way over there and confronted her, but she was showing respect for Cornell because he's Raheem's friend.

"Don't do nothing crazy." Raheem whispered to Kai, he could see the glaze in her eyes at that moment.

Kai walked behind Raheem. Raheem dapped up Cornell's dad and Trel, and nodded heads with everyone else. He took a seat and wondered where his mom was, she never fucked with him because she hated what he did for his money, slanging and she didn't want to be put in harm's way. Raheem thought that she would've showed up though because he could be dead, and he knows for a fact that Cornell's dad called her.

Kai wasn't up for sitting, she leaned against the wall. She was hoping that the doctor would come on with an update, so she could go see what was up with Diamond. She dared for her to jump stupid, she ain't give a damn about no hospital to be honest.

"Cornell Robinson." A male came out, he was dressed in white scrubs, he had on glasses and his hair was blonde but was covered by a hair net.

Everyone was up and alert when he said that name. He lowered his glasses to the tip of his nose, eying everyone who claimed to be Cornell's family.

"That's us." Cornell's dad spoke.

The man nodded.

"Hi, I'm doctor Smith. Before I get started I must ask, Is this his family because there's some personal business that he might not want to be told?" The doctor said.

Raheem knew Cornell didn't want everybody in his business especially the workers from the warehouse and people like Diamond. He wasn't so sure about Trel either.

"Just me and his bestfriend, Raheem need to know." Cornell's dad read his mind.

He chose Raheem because he knew that was Cornell's only real friend that he had seen, someone who never crossed him out and they were close, real close. He had seen that with his own eyes, even when Raheem's dad requested him to stop hanging with Cornell, he didn't because that's just how much they were friends.