Chapter 10

*One Hour After Winter Arrived Home*

Winter was in her apartment, sitting at her dining room table while slowly sipping a cup of green tea, the same type of tea she normally would have gotten at the cafe. She purposely kept her door unlocked, because she was expecting Weiss to arrive any minute.

*the front door slammed open*

Weiss: "Winter! I got your text. Is something wrong? Why did you want me to come over? Aren't you usually still at the cafe with Y/N around this time?" Weiss concernedly asked Winter all these questions, as she barged into her apartment.

Winter: "Take a seat, Weiss. I want to talk with you about something important..." Winter told Weiss.

Weiss sat with Winter at her table.

Winter: "I was at the cafe, but I left early today..." Winter replied.

Weiss: "What happened?" Weiss concernedly asked.

Winter: "I... I was thinking about your question... What you asked me this morning... I was distracted by it all day..." Winter replied.

Weiss gave a confused look.

Winter: "I... I am... I do have romantic feelings for him..." Winter said as she blushed, and embarrassedly turned away from Weiss.

Weiss gasped.

Winter: "I'm sorry I didn't admit it to you earlier... The truth is, I just didn't want to admit it to myself..." Winter said.

Weiss: "Y/N seems like a really great person. You shouldn't feel ashamed to have romantic feelings for someone like him." Weiss said, as she smiled at Winter.

Winter: "I know that. Y/N is a great person. It's not that I feel ashamed to feel this way about him in particular. It's just... Feeling this way in general... What father wanted from me, from us, was all that mattered in our youth. Then when I left to join the military, what Ironwood wanted from me was all that mattered in my older years. I had to put my own feelings, what I wanted, aside my for entire life. My own feelings always had to come second for everything I did; and because I knew that, I never wanted to allow myself to feel any sort of emotion as intense as romantic love toward anyone. I felt forced to view being in love as some sort of weakness. Nothing but a distraction. I never wanted to allow myself to allow someone else to have such a strong influence over my emotions. Over me. It completely goes against everything I have tried forcing myself to believe my entire life. How am I supposed to live my life, achieve my goals, when my mind is completely taken over by romantic thoughts about him??" Winter frustratingly explained.

Weiss gave Winter a sympathetic look.

Weiss: "Winter... I know you, and I know your past. We're sisters after all. You need to remember though, you don't have anyone in your life like father or Ironwood using you as their pawn anymore. You don't have to put your feelings second anymore. You're allowed to have your own feelings, and you're allowed to express those feelings. It's ok to be in love, especially with someone who you genuinely care about. You're not weak for feeling the way you do. You're human. Not the machine you felt brainwashed into believing you were." Weiss explained.

Winter sighed.

Winter: "You're right, Weiss... Thank you, for reminding me about something so important." Winter said, as she smiled at Weiss.

Weiss smiled back at Winter.

Winter: "There's more to it though..." Winter said, as she turned away from Weiss.

Weiss: "What do you mean?" Weiss asked.

Winter: "Well... What if he doesn't feel the way I do..?" Winter said.