Chapter 17

*The Next Morning*

Y/N woke up early in the morning, in Winter's bed, with her curled up against him. Y/N tried to move as carefully and quietly as possible out of the bed to avoid waking up Winter. Winter heard Y/N anyway and sprung right up.

Winter: "Hold it right there!" Winter exclaimed.

Y/N flinched. 

Y/N: "Whoa!! Did I seriously wake you up?! I barely moved!" Y/N told Winter. 

Winter: "Did you forget I was in the military? I was trained to wake up from the slightest of sounds and movements, while even in the deepest of slumbers." Winter told Y/N.

Y/N: "I wish you told me before that you were trained for that. You almost gave me a heart attack." Y/N said.

Winter: "You'll be fine. My main concern right now is how your fever is." Winter said.

Winter put her hand against Y/N's forehead. 

Winter: "You definitely don't feel as warm as yesterday, so that's a good sign." Winter told Y/N.

Winter walked over to the counter, to get the thermometer that she used on Y/N the day before. 

Y/N: "No. Not that antique again..." Y/N annoyingly said.

Winter: "If your temperature is back to normal. This will be the last time I'll use it." Winter told Y/N.

Winter shoved the thermometer in Y/N's mouth again.

Y/N: "I still don't think shoving the thermometer in my mouth so roughly is necessary." Y/N said, with the thermometer sticking out if his mouth.

Winter: "Don't talk with the thermometer in your mouth! It will take longer to get an accurate reading." Winter sternly told Y/N.

Winter took the thermometer out of Y/N's mouth. She thoroughly examined the thermometer, and smiled.

Winter: "It looks like you made a complete recovery. Temperature-wise anyway." Winter happily announced. 

Y/N: "That's good to hear. I also feel a lot better too." Y/N said.

Winter smiled at Y/N.

Y/N: "The reason I woke up this early is, because I need to head home, and get my stuff ready to go back to work today." Y/N told Winter.

Winter: "Well, as long as you feel like you're ready to go back, I don't think it should be a problem. Would you like me to me to come along with you? So you don't need to go home by yourself, in case you start to feel weak again?" Winter asked Y/N.

Y/N: "Uuuhhhmmm..." Y/N awkwardly said out loud. 

Y/N remembered that he kept the place where he lives a complete mess, and doesn't want to give Winter a bad impression.

Y/N: "I think I'll be fine on my own. If you would like though, you can come to visit me after work at the cafe, like you usually do. That is, if you're not busy, or just not sick of spending all this time with me." Y/N told Winter. 

Winter: "As usual, I would love to see you after your shift." Winter replied, as she smiled at Y/N.

Y/N left Winter's apartment and headed home. As Y/N was on his way home though, he realized something...

Y/N: "Wait a second! If Winter was trained to wake up from the slightest of sounds and movements. That means, she really WAS aware that she was cuddled up against me in her bed this whole time!" Y/N thought to himself.